sharetrader
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: SCY Chart

percy

Quote Originally Posted by CD_CHCH View Post
    The transaction values the assets to be transferred to Polar Capital at around $60 million, however
    with the purchaser assuming some debt and other liabilities, the net amount expected to be received
    is $8 million.

Would this not equate to 15 cents per share? Roughly the amount they are/were trading at...
    A guess.
    Neal is buying assets and some debt.
    Some lease liabilities will remain SCY's.

Would this not equate to 15 cents per share? Roughly the amount they are/were trading at...
    SCY presumably needs to fund the closure of the 7 stores not sold (including lease exits and redundancies) out of what’s left.

The transaction values the assets to be transferred to Polar Capital at around $60 million, however
    with the purchaser assuming some debt and other liabilities, the net amount expected to be received
    is $8 million.

That would be soon gone getting out of the remaining leases, redundancies and paying the bills etc ...and Pwc Bill off course.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

The announcement on the 6th May leading up to this should have been clearer that there was a material uncertainty of the value of the shares. It reads like they were baiting shareholders on false hopes of a good outcome.

Stab in the back for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I think it went into liquidation first. That's the technicality.
    Should a liquidation or receivership not have been disclosed to the market prior to directors negotiating a sale of the business or assets?

Guru

Should a liquidation or receivership not have been disclosed to the market prior to directors negotiating a sale of the business or assets?
    Does such a large sale of assets etc not require shareholder approval under the Companies Act/NZX requriements and all that? Or are we now living in lawless times? IF I were a shareholder (thankfully I got out at about 40 odd cents) I would rather liquidation and get say 10% of the 77 cents NTA than nothing....

Advanced Member

News article now saying it didn't go into receivership. So yes, this deal would need shareholder approval.

There is nothing registered with the Companies Office to suggest the appointment of either liquidators or receivers, although I assume there is a time period allowed to register.

Doesn’t liquidation generally require a shareholder special resolution? A receiver would be appointed by ASB or some other financier with the power to do so.

However, the sale looks like it was agreed to by the directors so assume they need to follow due process.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/353414

It does require shareholder approval. Going to be interesting to see how this pans out.
    I wonder if the trading suspension will be lifted?

Got out about 18 months ago (thanks Percy )
    Last edited by dubya; 20-05-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Today’s announcement is a big change from Monday’s announcement where directors expected the sale to Polar Capital to settle this Friday, 22 May. Assume if SCY shareholder approval is required that settlement won’t be happening for at least three weeks. The effective date (I.e. the benefit or detriment of trading) could still be an earlier date, subject to the sale being confirmed.

I’m assuming given major shareholders are unwilling to put in more cash, shareholder approval is a given.