sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

gotcha macdunk!!!! very smart indeed,

now antoher question.... macdunk are u a trader or an investor?!?!

or both?

cause with ur current strategy, it looks to me like your a trader? therefore paying capital tax.. of about 33%???
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

also ... sorry to not post this all in one posting.... but what program do u use to draw them?!

or do u just print it off and add a time line...

bigcharts is cool to use but i find its hard to adjust things etc etc

and thanks P for the info, will look into those free TA stuff
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Advanced Member

DAZZA, 90pc investor 10pc trader . Both completely sep and in differennt names and companies. winner 69 is wrong it is not a sell on a trend like break but a time line break which is completely different in time and price.
    macdunk

Advanced Member

DAZZA , sorry missed your last post. A time line is drawn in advance. Treadlines are drawn after the event. With a time line you know in advance of your action not after the event before your action. The difference is obvious. MACDUNK

Advanced Member

MacDunc,
    I would like to call into question your assertion that "A time line is drawn in advance. Trendlines are drawn after the event. With a time line you know in advance of your action not after the event before your action."

When you (MacDunc) draw a time line, you go back 6 weeks into the past and draw a line from that point, with a 20%pa slope, extended into the future. You can therefore see what price level your line will be at for any date in the future.

When I draw a trendline, I go back into the past and connect 2 reaction lows. This line is then extended into the future. I can therefore see what price level the line will be at for any date in the future. I know in advance exactly what price would be needed to trigger a sell on any particular date in the future - the same as you.

What is the difference? Answer - there is none, apart from the fact that I allow the individual stock to set the slope of the line (the percentage increase), whereas you use an arbitrary figure of 20% for all stocks.

Phaedrus ... keep at it mate ... doing some interesting stuff .. but i wont bring up Telstra again

Thats exactly how i interpreted Macdunks theory ... exactly the same concepts

Maybe you had better post your charts with the 'time line' extended out a few months?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Time line / Trendline agree same thing like many indicators the same thing but different name.
    Heres a question for McDunk your timeline starts from a given point in time when it is crossed you sell this will work fine in a bull market when most stocks are trending only up but dear I say when markets are trading sideways wont you be in and out of stocks all the time and this system would end up being a failure?
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

BULL, Different markets different strategies. In a bear market my time line, or line of expectation gets lowered from 20pc plus divies to perhaps 10 pc. In a market collapse for instance its money in the bank looking on. The difference with my time line with the other systems is this. It tells me at a glance if i am on track. It tells me at a glance what i expect the share price to be in the months ahead. It tells me how a share is doing in comparrison to the other shares i hold at a glance. The shares i hold have wide ranging share prices. It is not a where all end all, but a system i find that makes it simple and easy to follow. macdunk