sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Golden Cross Resources (GCR)

This company looks good for the speculative investor its got five drilling programs presently underway

Golden Cross Resources (GCR) is a gold and base metals explorer searching in for large deposits in highly prospective mineral belts providing significant potential upside for the investor.

GCR holds significant mineral tenement positions within the minerals rich Lachlan Fold Belt of Central - South East NSW and the Curnamona Province of Western NSW, which hosts the world class Broken Hill orebody.

GCR is intent on providing its shareholders with the substantial rewards associated with the discovery and development of large and valuable mineral deposits.

GCR’s current portfolio of tenements contains world class exploration potential, with which we have attracted leading mining companies as farm-in partners who help us fund our exploration. Of the $2.8 million spent on GCR properties during 2004, $1.5 million was spent by GCR. In addition, approximately $1.0 million was spent on properties over which GCR holds royalties.

GCR’s exploration philosophy is to acquire “big target” projects in prospective geological settings, add value through high quality geological, geophysical and geochemical surveys, and develop exploration models that attract larger companies as joint venture partners.

Finally! Someone else...
    I bought into this co. at 8 cents and have held while it drifted down to 4 cents. Their drilling programme looks good and the announcements that have been coming out all look sound. The drift in share price was, IMHO a result of boredom rather than a reflection of anything tangibly wrong with the company.
    My pick is the small jump today will be followed by more appreciation. Small and very spec but one to watch... and one of my picks for the sharepicking competition this year.

Interesting to note that the staff and management options are all around the 10 cent strike price.
    Undisputed 2006 World Cup Premierleague Champion

Bit of interest in this one today... maybe a delayed reaction to the drilling programme?

Hi Coops,

re your exasperated comment: "Finally someone else..."

Cooper, You should have given guys here at The Pub a tingle...[:o)];

....every time these Pub Guys post; their does seem to be a hive of comment and activity !! [:o)][:o)]

Kind regards, and Good speculating,...with your hopefully soon to be productive Black stuff spouting Oil Well;.... or is it a Mine ??

Cheers for now,

Robbo

quote:Originally posted by Cooper

Finally! Someone else...
    I bought into this co. at 8 cents and have held while it drifted down to 4 cents. Their drilling programme looks good and the announcements that have been coming out all look sound. The drift in share price was, IMHO a result of boredom rather than a reflection of anything tangibly wrong with the company.
    My pick is the small jump today will be followed by more appreciation. Small and very spec but one to watch... and one of my picks for the sharepicking competition this year.

Interesting to note that the staff and management options are all around the 10 cent strike price.
    Robbo

quote:Originally posted by davidrob

Hi Coops,

re your exasperated comment: "Finally someone else..."

Cooper, You should have given guys here at The Pub a tingle...[:o)];

....every time these Pub Guys post; their does seem to be a hive of comment and activity !! [:o)][:o)]

Kind regards, and Good speculating,...with your hopefully soon to be productive Black stuff spouting Oil Well;.... or is it a Mine ??

Cheers for now,

Robbo
    Cheers Robbo... maybe your fluency would have helped generate some interest before now .
    Precious metals... more specifically scratching around in other people's cast-offs... is the name of the game for these fellas.
    I hesitated to post on the company initially because starting a thread regarding a small company you believe has good prospects but no-one else holds often gets you the odd cocked eyebrow and nasty word...
    Will post more on this company when time permits but it is certainly worth looking at, although very speculative and very volatile.

Hopefully someone else out there was motivated to do a bit of research on this co before today's action. Also hope it's not a flash in the pan! Certainly a bit of excitement for today, at least.

7.1 being a speculative investor pays off sold some today

Good man paul... and timely pickup as well. I'm holding off on selling... think there is a way to go yet.

quote:Originally posted by Cooper

think there is a way to go yet.
    Or not (at least today),[:I] as the case may be

quote:Originally posted by paul29

7.1 being a speculative investor pays off sold some today
    You picked it nicely.
    Placement over the last few days diluting share holdings by 10% and a further placement to exisitng shareholders (as of 08/02/05) at 5.5 cents. Why do they NEED money (a safety buffer?) and if they don't need the money, why are they doing it?
    To be treated with scepticism, perhaps.
    discl: Hold