sharetrader
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

quote:Originally posted by Greyhound

I think Mr McKee-Wright is right into this project.Look at the way they're promoting it,-attending boatshows in every corner of the world,record attempts and a very good 'trailor' on their website.No guareentes of success,but a failure won,t be throgh lack of trying.I'ld sooner be in( I am),than out.
    hahahah yeh, jetting around the world and spotting the chicks at boatshows- the management really have changed there tune from a couple of blokes out to get as much money and good times out of the smaller shareholders- to good honest salesmen! hahaha good joke greyhound!

Okay I think this may be the answer to my earlier post in the SLG topic.

SLG
    03/03/2005
    GENERAL

REL: 1707 HRS Sealegs Corporation Limited

GENERAL: SLG: Sealegs Completes Share Sale

Listed marine company, Sealegs Corporation Limited (NZX:SLG), has today announced that it has actioned the sale of parcels comprising less than the NZX minimum holdings held by company shareholders (less than 1000 shares).
    The shares were crossed today on the New Zealand Stock Exchange at 36 cents per share. A total of 840,000 shares have been sold pursuant to this process.

Shareholders were written to twice over the last three months and told that they needed to either dispose of their shares or increase their holdings to the minimum holding to avoid their shares being compulsorily sold. The shareholders affected by today's sale were those who decided to take no action.

Shareholders affected will be advised of the outcome of the sales process and sent their net proceeds within the next two weeks.

quote:Originally posted by rmbbrave

I imagine the SP has fallen to .36 because they issued 200,000 new shares at .36.
    They issued the shares to get some cash to attend all those boat shows. Here is the Dubai boat show stand costs...

http://www.boatshow.dwtc.com/info/index.html

This may be the last throw of the dice for SLG. If the money they have invested in attending boat shows isn't repayed with orders they may go under or at the very least they will find out that they have a product that just won't sell as $98,000 a pop.
    Well I'm not sure that a 0.005% increase in the number of shares (a drop in the bucket) is going to affect the share price, shares are usually issued at a discount and 0.36 seems a reasonable discount. However I agree with you that having raised money just to enter a boat show shows some desparation.

Listed marine company, Sealegs Corporation Limited (NZX:SLG), has today announced that it has actioned the sale of parcels comprising less than the NZX minimum holdings held by company shareholders (less than 1000 shares). The shares were crossed today on the New Zealand Stock Exchange at 36 cents per share. A total of 840,000 shares have been sold pursuant to this process.

Shareholders were written to twice over the last three months and told that they needed to either dispose of their shares or increase their holdings to the minimum holding to avoid their shares being compulsorily sold. The shareholders affected by today's sale were those who decided to take no action.

Shareholders affected will be advised of the outcome of the sales process and sent their net proceeds within the next two weeks.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

[quote]quote:Originally posted by da player

Originally posted by Greyhound

I think Mr McKee-Wright is right into this project.Look at the way they're promoting it,-attending boatshows in every corner of the world,record attempts and a very good 'trailor' on their website.No guareentes of success,but a failure won,t be throgh lack of trying.I'ld sooner be in( I am),than out.
    hahahah yeh, jetting around the world and spotting the chicks at boatshows- the management really have changed there tune from a couple of blokes out to get as much money and good times out of the smaller shareholders- to good honest salesmen! hahaha good joke greyhound!

/quote]

What do you prefer they do,spot guys?[:0]
    ACCRINGTON STANLEY-the club that wouldn't die.

Nice one greyhound-mckee,

rather your money than mine- been stung there before

Classic....there are so many suckers in NZ...I am going to start a company and then issue more shares everytime I want to throw a party or head to some exotic part of the world.....who cares what my company does as plenty of people seem keen to throw money at anything these days.......

the 'business model' is 42 below...get 'pissed' at the same time....what a life!
    \"death&taxes t.o.s.b\"

04 Apr 2005 09:36
    GENERAL: SLG: New Sealegs All Terrain Amphibious Craft

Sealegs International Limited today announced that it has developed a new
    all-terrain version of its amphibious marine craft.

The 5.6m Sealegs All Terrain Amphibious Craft (ATAC) has an extremely low
    ground pressure which is less than a human footprint.

This is achieved by having two special purpose-built 31 inch by 18 inch
    hydraulically powered wheels on the rear and three steerable tyres at the
    front. These enable the Sealegs ATAC to traverse estuary mud flats and soft
    shingle beaches that are beyond the reach of conventional boats and trailers.

Sealegs CEO Mr David McKee Wright says "We are very excited about the new
    market possibilities the Sealegs ATAC opens up. People who have waterfront
    property with soft terrain between them and the water at low tide finally
    have a boat launching solution for the first time ever".

Once driven into the water, the Sealegs ATAC hydraulically retracts its
    wheels to allow speeds of up to 60kpmh on the water. On land the Sealegs
    ATAC has a ground clearance of 425mm which allows it to climb inclines of
    over 25 degrees.

Meanwhile, Sealegs Corporation says that plans remain on track for an attempt
    on the world record for the fastest crossing of the English Channel by an
    amphibious vehicle later this year.
    End CA:00113578 For:SLG Type:GENERAL Time:2005-04-04:09:36:07
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

What I would really like to know is how many orders they got, if any, from the overseas boat shows they have been attending recently. If only some one knew the SLG tea lady.