sharetrader
Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    LOL roger........agree they seemed overp=priced way back then, although they obviously have been selling all they can make. The order books are always full and I believe they actually reduced the price of the original 6mtre model to make them more competitive? Boaties are now regularly forking out $150k plus on large trailer boats now so with SeaLegs unique offering they dont look so over-priced anymore......niche market anyway. I can only presume (hope) that once the 8mtre plus models hit the market at maybe $250k plus their profitability will increase exponentially? Anyway I wish them well and I for one am more than happy to support and invest in local KIWI innovation and expertise.
    No worries provided you are investing in KIWI innovation and not just supporting others life style with your ambivalent nature surely profit return to shareholders is the sole purpose of investment .10yrs is a looong time without result.And $204000 on $16,000,000 turnover looks to be a very poor return on capitol particularly when you look at history over 10yrs

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    No worries provided you are investing in KIWI innovation and not just supporting others life style with your ambivalent nature surely profit return to shareholders is the sole purpose of investment .10yrs is a looong time without result.And $204000 on $16,000,000 turnover looks to be a very poor return on capitol particularly when you look at history over 10yrs
    ...ah .........NO? Not all of us invest purely for profit return (not that Ive had a lot at stake over the past 5yrs, but that is changing now) ........I personally have a strong interest in "things marine" ......SLGs Patented Amphibious Technology is cutting edge......just love to see the Chinese try and copy it, yea right........glug, glug, glug!
    Have a Gr8day.

My view is that the local boat market is very, very slow. These boats are an especially attractive option for waterfront home owners but many of these owners have seen a substaintial reduction in the value of their sea-side mansions since the onset of the GFC. My gut feel is it seems inappropriate for the directors, managers and staff to have enjoyed employment, (one would presume on reasonable terms), for all that time and for shareholders the owners of the company to have seen nothing. In a world where value is the new cool, I can't help but wonder if people arn't going to look for more value based boating solutions but the bottom line for me is the shareholders interests don't seem to have been accomodated properly so I wouldn't invest at any price but as a keen boating enthusiast I wish shareholders well.

As an accountant of 30 years experience I fully understand that new start-ups take time to find traction and build market awareness...but I would have thought this company would have been rewarding shareholders quite some time ago. Be careful, who is really benifiting from its continued operation, my 2 cents.

P.S. You can buy a high quality 6 metre boat for well under $100K.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-05-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Everyone is so down on the cost of this amazing technology... These craft are not designed or marketed towards the average Joe, but to the rest of the population for which money is NO factor. Yes there may be a quality 6mtr boat for under 100k but it wont be amphibious, unfortunately most of us will never afford one of these boats but that doesn't mean they aren't worth it.
    Last edited by westcoaster; 24-05-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typo

Its not really a case of whether the boats are worth it or not. The business model hasn't worked for shareholders, that's all that really matters now and heads should roll in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Its not really a case of whether the boats are worth it or not. The business model hasn't worked for shareholders, that's all that really matters now and heads should roll in my opinion.
    ........AH SORRY DISAGREE!....if you think new models/products, marketing, sales, international patents etc happen easily your'e mistaken......good things take time, sometimes very long AND we're nearly there. A $2,000,000 turnaround in 12mnths for a company of this size is nothing short of spectacular and bodes very well for future growth and expansion. Im personally very happy to have part ownership of this well positioned co. although I do agree it has been a long road. I wouldnt be rubbishing them now.......I'd be investing in them instead or you might just miss the boat!!
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ..I'd be investing in them instead or you might just miss the boat!!
    "Miss the boat", get it? It's a play on words. Like "miss out", but it's about boats. Like Sealegs. Ah, genius.

Excuse me while I regain some level of poise... right, that's better. Now, where was I? Ah, yes. As well as appreciating the sharp wit evident in the above post, I also agree with the sentiment conveyed by the writer. The recent result does mark a significant turnaround for this company, and profitablility - coupled with an improved operating model - increases the hopes of a bright future. The board looks very different from the 'historical' board and it looks like maybe they now have the right people to chase further success.

......thanks for explaining that to everyone NIGEL.......I was trying to be subtle!! LOL Anyway your'e quite correct on new management replacing "historical" plus SLG also now have a strategic EUROPEAN PARTNER (see below) who will no doubt be wanting to inject new marketing ideas to further grow SLG to an internationally recognized brand and acknowledgment of the world leader they are in Trailerable Amphibious Craft. I believe they have already delivered a large order to the Malaysian Govt for Search and Rescue work on their waterways.......the Military is yet another significant application. I believe with further talk of rising sea levels and increasing flooding etc as we are seeing, these "boats-with-legs" will become more and more accepted as the answer to the issues surrounding these disasters?? Here's hoping anyway!

Announcement
    S/HOLDER: SLG: Sealegs welcomes a new European shareholder 04:43p.m.
    SLG
    05/03/2013 16:43
    S/HOLDER

REL: 1643 HRS Sealegs Corporation Limited

S/HOLDER: SLG: Sealegs welcomes a new European shareholder

Sealegs announces that Avenport Investments, its principal shareholder, has
    sold a block of shares to a strategic European investor. The transaction took
    place on 4 March 2013 for a total of 2,483,836 shares at 19 cents. Avenport
    Investments now holds 47,016,164 shares representing 38.736%.

Eric Series, Chairman, said "Sealegs was recently approached about a possible
    share acquisition. Given Sealegs has a sound financial position and the cash
    to funds its development ambitions, Sealegs does not have a need for fresh
    capital. With the opportunity to bring in this new strategic partner who
    could contribute to the future of Sealegs, I am confident that our efforts to
    build a strong and diversified shareholder base will help grow the Sealegs
    business and help raise awareness of Sealegs patented amphibious technology
    and Sealegs craft."

David Glen
    Chief Executive Officer
    Sealegs International

Phone: +64.9.414 3092
    End CA:00233803 For:SLG Type:S/HOLDER Time:2013-03-05 16:43:49

Call 0800 ANZ SBT
    (0800 269 728)
    Email us

Download form
    Call 0800 ANZ SBT
    (0800 269 728)

Online Multi-Currency A/C
    Useful Links
    FAQs
    Help
    Newsletter Alerts

©2010 All rights in this site are owned by or licensed to ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited or ANZ New Zealand Securities Limited.
    Have a Gr8day.

You folks could well be right and i wish you well but its certainly been a choppy ride for shareholders, I guess I prefer a bit more stability in my investments and havn't got the sealegs for this this one

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You folks could well be right and i wish you well but its certainly been a choppy ride for shareholders, I guess I prefer a bit more stability in my investments and havn't got the sealegs for this this one
    So you're not expecting it to all be plain sailing then?