sharetrader
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

You are right Dinosaur,

I too have difficulty imagining who would buy these boats but SLG is a small company $13m cap. They sold 11 boats for $1m in sales last year. They only need to sell 20 or 30 boats a year for the next couple of years to see a dramatic increase in SP from 32 cents.

That is all I'm hoping for.

Buy $5000 -10,000 worth of shares and double my money in a year or 2.

What do you reckon the chances of that happening?
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

Hmmmm Rmbbrave

You are very Brave Indeed.

Of those 11 boats sold do you know what percentage of sales Sealegs, the public company gets to keep? My last understanding, based on disclosures, is that the boats are manufactued here in NZ under Licence. My guess is that the profit on 2-3 boats per month wouldn't come near to covering operating costs for SLG, let alone R & D.

Dino - ignore the one with the pic in the herald - the standard one is a fair bit more elegant for the rich Mediterranean playboy - its less than 40k Euros and is a good talking point

As long as its positioned properly I htink its a reasonable prospect - that said - dont think I am as certain as rmbrave
    try underwater salvage... cos its there... somewhere... maybe...

Hey Guys,

I have committed no money to this company. I have boths doubts and hopes. I am only following this company to see what will happen and I appreciate all opinions and information.

I have plenty of time, a good internet connection and use both to hunt around for investments. Some pay off, some don't and some are pots on the back of the stove keeping warm.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

quote:Originally posted by marinesalvor

Dino - ignore the one with the pic in the herald - the standard one is a fair bit more elegant for the rich Mediterranean playboy - its less than 40k Euros and is a good talking point

As long as its positioned properly I htink its a reasonable prospect - that said - dont think I am as certain as rmbrave
    Caution all the way with this one.

But why spend precious $ developing the new version? Makes one wonder if there is a problem with the current design.

The front wheel doesn't drive. Ever tried pushing a loaded wheel barrow thru soft sand? You can pull it easily, but push it and it bogs down. Funny too, looking at the respective specs that those extra wheels don't add a single kg to o/a weight or reduce performance?

I'd certainly like to have a blast around on one and test it out - I did take a close look at the original prototype (not too close as it was deafeningly loud) and they did a good job smoothing it all out to an attractive offering

agree with you re drive wheels
    try underwater salvage... cos its there... somewhere... maybe...

[quote]quote:Originally posted by dinosaur

Originally posted by marinesalvor

But why spend precious $ developing the new version? Makes one wonder if there is a problem with the current design.
    Doesn't look to me like they spent much at all. If it results in a few more orders it will probably have been worth their while. This is the normal way for start-ups... a few customers ask you for what you 'aint got, so you make a special for them and call it a new model. At least I hope that's what happened (pull-through from the customers rather than a solution looking for a problem)

Forgot to mention this announcement:

SLG02/05/2005GENERAL REL: 1000 HRS Sealegs Corporation Limited GENERAL: SLG: Sealegs RAC JET Wins Research and Development Grant Sealegs International today announced that it has received a Technology NewZealand Grant for $100,000 for the research and development of its Sealegsjet powered Rugged Amphibious Craft (RAC-Jet) technology. The grant is to assist in the funding of the research and development of thesingle engine powered Sealegs RAC-Jet, which will incorporate a speciallydesigned hybrid air/water cooling system to allow the amphibious craft tooperate on land and water. Sealegs International CEO Mr David McKee Wright says the Sealegs RAC-Jetconcept "has received considerable interest from recreational boaters as wellas military, police and rescue organisations from around the world". The Sealegs RAC, developed as a result of market feedback, is a robust craftconstructed of marine grade aluminium with a large work/payload area and abig hard-top canopy. A commercial version of the Sealegs RAC-Jet is expected to be in productionand available by the end of 2005 with a price of $98,000.End CA:00114705 For:SLG Type:GENERAL Time:2005-05-02:10:00:53

Amphibian poised to blitz Channel

Maurice Bryham

Auckland businessman Maurice Bryham hopes the weather will be good enough today to allow him to take an English Channel crossing record off Sir Richard Branson.

Mr Bryham wants to break the Virgin head's record of 1hr 40m 6s for crossing the 34km Channel in an amphibious craft, set last year.

And he is so confident in the power of his rigid-inflatable that he aims to smash the record rather than merely break it.

Speaking from Calais last night, Mr Bryham said that unlike Sir Richard's Aquada, an amphibious car built by a company controlled by expatriate New Zealand multimillionaire Alan Gibbs, the Sealegs was designed more for water than land.

The outboard-powered boat has motorised wheels on hydraulic legs that retract when the craft is afloat.

It has a top speed of 60km/h on water and 15km/h on land, whereas the Aquada can reach 120km/h on land but just 30km/h on water.

"The Sealegs is much quicker than the Aquada. If everything goes right we should get there in half the time that he did," said Mr Bryham.

He has not attempted any similar records and admitted it was only the publicity for Sir Richard's effort last year that prompted him to make the attempt.

"I knew I had a boat capable of breaking the record. I just wanted to show them what we were capable of."

Nothing new in either vehicle. Have a look at this site and search for the 'Rinspeed Splash' 2004 under Complete list of amphibious cars...don't get so wet
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/amphicar/en.../amphicar.html