sharetrader
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast

Any new development? How did it change from SLG to FMS. Thanks.

Puriri Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    Any new development? How did it change from SLG to FMS. Thanks.
    Company changed its' name some time ago and NZX allocated a new ticker. Easy to research on NZX website under company announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Puriri Pete View Post
    Company changed its' name some time ago and NZX allocated a new ticker. Easy to research on NZX website under company announcements.
    Thank you PP. I didn’t follow this for the last 12 months although I have some shares of it. I don’t see any strong turnaround in their business yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    Thank you PP. I didn’t follow this for the last 12 months although I have some shares of it. I don’t see any strong turnaround in their business yet.
    Article by Sophie Boot in NBR talks about FMS still looking to give NZX the Boot and list elsewhere offshore.
    Probably overdue as NZX have waved a big stick at this little company once too often but more importantly FMS are looking more like an outfit with growing global reach.
    NZ investors just not interested unfortunately.

Puriri Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Article by Sophie Boot in NBR talks about FMS still looking to give NZX the Boot and list elsewhere offshore.
    Probably overdue as NZX have waved a big stick at this little company once too often but more importantly FMS are looking more like an outfit with growing global reach.
    NZ investors just not interested unfortunately.

It will be too bad for NZ-based investors if this gets to happen. The reality is this has been a dog of an investment for those who invested from the start and who supported the founders through various capital raisings.

After years of being run as a lifestyle business there are finally some positive developments underway which, as tangible results appear, will translate into share price appreciation as it does for any growing business. For some Johnny-come-lately major shareholder to bleat about NZX compliance requirements and move to de-list from the NZX suggests an arrogant disdain for ordinary shareholder rights. If he finds some mild media and regulatory scrutiny too hot to handle he cannot be the right person to chair a public company.

Shareholders should fight this move and ensure independent directors do not forget their responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Puriri Pete View Post
    It will be too bad for NZ-based investors if this gets to happen. The reality is this has been a dog of an investment for those who invested from the start and who supported the founders through various capital raisings.

After years of being run as a lifestyle business there are finally some positive developments underway which, as tangible results appear, will translate into share price appreciation as it does for any growing business. For some Johnny-come-lately major shareholder to bleat about NZX compliance requirements and move to de-list from the NZX suggests an arrogant disdain for ordinary shareholder rights. If he finds some mild media and regulatory scrutiny too hot to handle he cannot be the right person to chair a public company.

Shareholders should fight this move and ensure independent directors do not forget their responsibilities.
    If/when a re listing occurs shareholders will start reaping the benefits of the expected re rating of the company's valuation by investors knowing what they have their hands on.

Only the NZX will suffer as it looses yet another fee paying client.

P Pete you miss the point.

Puriri Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    If/when a re listing occurs shareholders will start reaping the benefits of the expected re rating of the company's valuation by investors knowing what they have their hands on.

Only the NZX will suffer as it looses yet another fee paying client.

P Pete you miss the point.
    Where's the evidence that re-listing to Europe or Africa benefits NZ domiciled shareholders that makes you so convinced of that?

To take your claim to its logical conclusion there should be absolutely no internationally focussed businesses listed on the NZX because local investors are incapable of knowing what they have their hands on and rating them appropriately. I find that hard to accept.

The problem is that Sealegs has been an inept performer as a business both operationally and from a governance point of view. Their investor relationship management has been appalling. I have been to their AGMs when only two directors are present, and twice in my experience when the present Chairman has been absent and has not provided either a video hook up or recorded presentation. Directors and managers chop and change regularly, key staff retention has been an issue. Little wonder in my mind there is investor apathy toward the company.

Running away to Europe or Africa is not a solution. If overseas investors are so much sharper they should come here now buy up the available shares while they cheap.

Very confusing I see them listed as FMS at 16c per share and as Sealegs at 13c per share I am quite new to this so please excuse my ignorance if I missed something. Was looking at Sealegs as a possible buy, I know they are not Americas Cup type racers but the Americas cup win might help them.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    Very confusing I see them listed as FMS at 16c per share and as Sealegs at 13c per share I am quite new to this so please excuse my ignorance if I missed something. Was looking at Sealegs as a possible buy, I know they are not Americas Cup type racers but the Americas cup win might help them.
    ODT.
    Wednesday, 21 December 2016

Sealegs buys into overseas firms

By Simon Hartley

0 0

Business

New Zealand amphibious boatmaker Sealegs is plunging into the European and South African markets, taking controlling interests in two companies in cash and script deals worth $5.3 million.

If the deal goes ahead, boat production will rise to more than 400 per year, with operations based in Auckland, Gemini Marine in Cape Town and Sillinger in Paris.

Unable to find Sealegs on my charts/filters etc. with a price. Only with zero's

Disc. Not a holder.
    Last edited by janner; 01-07-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    Americas Cup won't figure in the new Plans of FMS.
    It's about licensing SEALEGS IP to the two companies that are now in the Stable.

Stay cynical if you want but be prepared to be surprised