sharetrader
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

One boat costs $98,000.

I have said this before and I'll say it again.

I think the boat is a great product but I have difficulty imagining who would buy one at that price. Cut the price to $30,000 and it is a winner.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

Banned

hi all, well brought a share in the boat today on account of the fact these looked to be ready to move ,to me the signs looked right more buyers than sellers , low and behold the boat sprung a small leek, the sellers started lining up and down a cent within the hour @#*&%ouch well as long as it does;t leek much more, i think we'll be staying a float for a while(he says very wishfully )but we'll just have to wait eh!
    read the reports it all sounded ok, hope i got the TA and fundimentals right on this one .as i need some confidence to get me trading and see if what i am doing has any merrit.so i haven't called for the coastguard yet ,but any words of encouragement would be graciously accepted.here's to riding the wave
    HOLDING FPA;KIP;CDI;SLG
    salsa

quote:Originally posted by rmbbrave

One boat costs $98,000.

I have said this before and I'll say it again.

I think the boat is a great product but I have difficulty imagining who would buy one at that price. Cut the price to $30,000 and it is a winner.
    Did not reliase they were so damn expensive!

Lets see 50K gets you a nice car and the remaining 48K could be spent on really nice boat. Think I take that option any day as it will get me to work, and to Taupo for the trout, and to the pub after a great day's fishing.

As for a Sealeg guess you could drive it to your local Fish N Chip shop to get some fish (children could run ahead to place the order in time for your arrival).

Applying your argument DOUGHBOY,one would wonder why people from Remurewa buy 4WDs.
    ACCRINGTON STANLEY-the club that wouldn't die.

Banned

In retrospect, a good sales person can never tell who is a buyer and who's not .So don't judge the book by the cover ,have a read first.You'll also be surprise at what a person will spend his money on ,and you can;t caterise people either . I think these fella's have thoroughly researched the product and there market
    salsa

quote:Originally posted by salsanova1

I think these fella's have thoroughly researched the product and there market
    salsa
    Yes they have. They are very smart business men. But they need new investors to keep funding the loss. Suggest you read the threads on ITC or search for the DD.

Someone else mentioned that they liked the company because the directors owned most of the shares or something to that effect.

I think you will find if you trace back through those purchases and later sales and include the very healthy management fees that they have been paid over the last few years, that that ownership has cost them very little if anything, in hard cash.

The patent books are full of inventions that are useful but have never taken hold in the market.

Maybe SLG is worth the gamble???? After all people buy Lotto tickets.

quote:Originally posted by Dough Boy

As for a Sealeg guess you could drive it to your local Fish N Chip shop to get some fish (children could run ahead to place the order in time for your arrival).
    Hehe ... this is the funniest image of the Sealegs "value proposition" have read.

Why do Bryham and McKee need to develop the Sealegs concept with a public company as a vehicle? They are rich enough and well connected enough to make a go of it by themselves.

I assume the drawings from the company, for these two, fulsomely reflect the high guru status afforded entrepeneurs of the first water.

If it looks like a dog; barks like a dog; it is a ... wonderful investment opportunity.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Banned

hello enumerate ,
    yes i agree to your comment about the dog bit. but like any new investment i'd rather be following the money,( as in mckee and bryham ),they might be rich and mighten lose to much sleep over the loss of what is a little money to them ,but they have a reputation to live up too.
    i am of the opinion if the market picks up on the novel idea of the easy launch aspect of the product,this adventure could hold water.
    thats the risk you take.
    salsa

quote:thats the risk you take.
    salsa
    although most risks are calculated. I had shares from the very early days under the ITC banner and lost huge and really feel sorry that this company is still around to be discussed. One AGM was enough for me, a total farce! Directors could not even answer the questions put to them, but they're still going.....so was Caphill till he got caught out[:0]
    You would have done better to buy a bag of chips to go with your salsa...

Banned

ARI,LIKE THE SENCE OF HUMOUR AREN'T WE LUCK ITS ONLY MONEY
    AND I DO LIKE SALSA WITH MY CHIPS TOO!
    YOU COULD BE RIGHT THEY'RE DOWN 0.02 SINCE I BROUGHT IN AND NOW WITH A NEW RIGHTS ISSUE AT 0.15 ITS A BIT LIKE TREADING WATER
    I DON;T REALLY KNOW HOW THIS ONE WILL PAN OUT BUT GOING TO STAY WITH IT A WHILE TO SEE HOW SHE FLOATs
    salsa