sharetrader
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Toyota aren't stupid,,,, Toyota pioneered the hybrid EV...I think they are a few steps ahead of many of these pure EV player outlooks... this will come to light later in the decade IMHO
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

We can clearly see sell-off in commodities and commodity stocks world wide.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...gh-2023-05-30/

IMO

We can clearly see sell-off in commodities and commodity stocks world wide.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...gh-2023-05-30/
    I'm thinking longer term and a long tail as traditional energy needed for green energy/tech transformation. Arabs further reduction in oil output also underpins the oil price.

https://www.cgiar.org/news-events/ne...now-bloomberg/

"From copper to wheat to natural gas, the cost of some of the world’s most important products is crashing, bringing long-awaited relief for consumers that were stung by last year’s soaring prices,” reports
    Bloomberg."

https://www.cgiar.org/news-events/ne...now-bloomberg/
    [FONT="]
    "From copper to wheat to natural gas, the cost of some of the world’s most important products is crashing, bringing long-awaited relief for consumers that were stung by last year’s soaring prices,” reports[/FONT]
    [FONT="] [/FONT]Bloomberg."
    I don't think these low commodities will last much longer ... reality is we aren't seeing anywhere near the investment from miners to even keep at present demands let alone the massive increase predicted ... the smart investors will be positioning for that fact with 1Yr+ outlook
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I don't think these low commodities will last much longer ... reality is we aren't seeing anywhere near the investment from miners to even keep at present demands let alone the massive increase predicted ... the smart investors will be positioning for that fact with 1Yr+ outlook
    Commodities are up against a stronger dollar driven by higher interest rates. But I agree cam only last so long and good particularly has held up well considering.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    One brickbat I think is the building apartment (investment)boom in China is over for some time or maybe will never reach new peaks again with the uncountable number of empty unsellable? Buildings around.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    One brickbat I think is the building apartment (investment)boom in China is over for some time or maybe will never reach new peaks again with the uncountable number of empty unsellable? Buildings around.
    Yes of course the insane apartment blocks in the 90+ Chinese cities will slow down ... but so it did in the USA decades ago and yet they still have the highest consumption of resources per person ....

Material consumption footprint per capita in high-income countries is 60% higher than in upper-middle-income countries and more than 13 times the level of low-income countries.,....

CHINA is moving to a much higher income country as is INDIA ...AFRICA etc ...