sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

WH, I do something similar in accounting for 'MY' time:

(Expected Hrs * $Hourly Rate) / ($Value of Trading Portfolio)

which in my case equates to 8.7%pa currently.

My 'break-even' mark is thus (Annual% NZX Total index + 8.7%pa)

IE: I measure my performance relative to the annual return on the NZX Total index after allowing for my time.

Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Good topic thanks.

My objectives are more modest (I am after all just a humble Tinker) and are:

10% after tax return on average (to make sure that it is worth the trouble and provide real returns) and
    ASX 200 all accumulation index in NZ$ +5% (this index is untaxed) to be competitive and make me stretch.

With the recent market run my boat has risen with the tide so am close to my objectives.

However what prompted me to write is Whiteherons comment. An aim to to help much loved family with ones experience and skills is, I perceive, one that I aspire to. Thank you Whiteheron. I think you are blessed with much good fortune to have 5 grandchildren that are so loved!

For those with families perhaps ones real wealth walks through the door. It does for me.

Cheers
    Tinker

PS Won the third round of company cricket tonight so will pay dearly tomorrow. The heart is willing but the body isn't keeping up[}]. I'm buggered!