sharetrader
Page 112 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2404

Caught up over the weekend with someone in the industry. World wide steel prices have increased dramatically in some cases over 40%. The roofing division is Flat-stick and I would imagine that Stu would’ve sold the current inventory at replacement cost therefore making a big gain. Still extremely undervalued in my opinion and I’m expecting an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
    Hi BeeBop, that sounds like interesting stuff, but please explain more, - what is GFA? and please explain hw these rebates work?
    Cheers
    GFA in construction terms is Gross Floor Area

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    GFA in construction terms is Gross Floor Area
    I have one of those underneath my oven.

Down massively today for some reason
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Thanks for the definition.
    Shepherd

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    I have one of those underneath my oven.
    Took me a while to get that, very well done

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
    Hi BeeBop, that sounds like interesting stuff, but please explain more, - what is GFA? and please explain hw these rebates work?
    Cheers
    Rebates I think are endemic in construction i.e. a purchaser is enticed to put most of their orders through a company and provided they meet a certain 'target' volume, they will get a cash-back or equivalent. People think it is the cost of materials that is causing the problem but it is way way way more than that. There is constant ticket clipping: 'clients' are valuable; council seem to demand over the top testing; utility companies have crazy pricing (some can bring a quote of nearly 400k down to 15k when 'moved' to another way of doing things). If costs of about 10k are added to a unit by the time it is multiplied up by the developers margin, real estate fees and GST, the added cost to the end purchaser will be around 14k. No wonder Williams etc can do it cheaply as they will be avoiding much of the ticket clipping....there is a lot of money to be made out of the mum and dad backyard developers and Williams will be able to feed off the price 'buoyancy' provided.

I expect the price decline could be related to Mr Roberston's announcement yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    I expect the price decline could be related to Mr Roberston's announcement yesterday.
    FBU powers higher so probably not the reason.

Investor

Good to see CEO buying a decent parcel on market.