sharetrader
Page 116 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2408

Quote Originally Posted by freebee View Post
    I like the sound of last line in the announcement:

We have a disciplined approach to tendering for large projects to ensure an appropriate return for our business and are delighted to have secured this contract on the basis of our value proposition, technical support and expertise.”

Disc: Happy holder
    Exactly the message the company and management are communicating to the market - it’s a sea change from STU’s sales at all costs a few years ago which got the company into trouble.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Wasn't marked as price sensitive
    Stung by the criticism here of their recent newsletter for containing nothing worth while they are trying to mollify us
    om mani peme hum

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Stung by the criticism here of their recent newsletter for containing nothing worth while they are trying to mollify us

Aha .. watching with interest .. and nowa few days before their EOY - with still no real Guidance & a Tidbit flung out

I mean they must have some idea on how the show is going with monthly reporting etc - not difficult even if
    it is subject to Audit ..

Do they really think investors are idiots ready to swallow anything unquestioning, after STU's past antics ?

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Aha .. watching with interest .. and nowa few days before their EOY - with still no real Guidance & a Tidbit flung out

I mean they must have some idea on how the show is going with monthly reporting etc - not difficult even if
    it is subject to Audit ..

Do they really think investors are idiots ready to swallow anything unquestioning, after STU's past antics ?
    You will be pleasantly surprised mr nztx me old mate

And F22 outlook will be really good

Shares over 130 after that I reckon

I agree with you winner69. The result is going to be a good one. Big margin improvement and with the reduced overheads are going to make for a very good result.

Disc. I have been in the steel industry a long time including at STU . My largest position by far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    I agree with you winner69. The result is going to be a good one. Big margin improvement and with the reduced overheads are going to make for a very good result.

Disc. I have been in the steel industry a long time including at STU . My largest position by far.
    I’m also optimistic but given they have continuous disclosure obligations if they were doing that well you’d think they’d have to update the market.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    I’m also optimistic but given they have continuous disclosure obligations if they were doing that well you’d think they’d have to update the market.

You're onto it -- in 2021 - surely we're well past the Boardroom stone age hide everything until forced to disclose antics already ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You will be pleasantly surprised mr nztx me old mate

And F22 outlook will be really good

Shares over 130 after that I reckon

this pony does have the low hurdle of what was offered by Fletchers a few years ago
    to redeem itself - does it not ?

STU's board may need to learn from & watch the likes of HLG & TRA on how to steadily
    grow the SP & appease stakeholders -- after the past chapters of wealth destruction STU
    has delivered ..

1) Consensus F21 ebit is 15.4m

And

2) STU guidance is we expect a ‘continuation of current trading performance trends’. H1 Ebit 7.9m

So 1) and 2) sort if says 15m to 16m is going to be it

Disclosure guidelines say say something if result going to be +/-10% previous guidance or market expectations so unless ebit going to be about 18m no need to say something

But STU management read this thread so they’ll pick a good day before mid August to tell us the good news

What we should do though is keep saying things I’ve heard H2 is not that good and full year ebit is going to be about $13m or even less. Enough bad stories and we will get an update pretty quick

My guess for what it’s worth is $17.3m

Nztx …year not ended yet …you mentioned HLG - they usually wait until after year end to say anything
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Thanks for your thoughts - winner ..

But as all will be aware most if not all listed companies are NOT tin pot companies which throw their box of records
    and papers at the Accountant just once a year.

They have finance & accounting staff employed on the deck all the time.

These Companies should and would be aware of what their figures look like - quarterly if not monthly

That is what their Management & Boards would be seeing continuously ..

There is absolutely no excuse for listed companies to leave their stakeholders in the dark
    bordering on ongoing failure to adhere to continuous disclosure.

Look at the number of companies issuing trading updates .. it is for the benefit of the company as well
    to have the markets see indication direct from the Boards of how trading is going..

there are numerous examples of companies doing well on this point of reporting .. along with
    another bundle who have a bit to learn on how it's done..

Given STU's past antics, then Quarterly reporting to the market may well auger well as something
    they should impliment ..
    Last edited by nztx; 28-06-2021 at 08:01 PM.