sharetrader
Page 117 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2404

STU PR going well though nztx

Enough excitment for a while

Financial guidance in due course …be patient

My Food Bag due for a upgrade
    Last edited by winner69; 28-06-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    STU PR going well though nztx

Enough excitment for a while

Financial guidance in due course …be patient

My Food Bag due for a upgrade
    Mentioning MFB & STU on the same thread is like comparing a buggered limping greyhound with a rejuvenated racehorse with a strong pedigree!

I cannot see why nztx is so aggro with STU as you are indeed right, W69 - company's PR is measured and on song.

SP performance mirrors that of FBU - up 24% YTD vs FBU up 26%, with NZ50 down 3.6%.

After the debacles of missing market expectations in the last few years, STU should be cautious about releasing numbers.

Meanwhile, they have given plenty of indications that things are going along well.

Another profit upgrade is inevitable imo but it could be that the company chooses to leave most of the upgrade to 2022.

Happy holder of both FBU & STU.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-06-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Mentioning MFB & STU on the same thread is like comparing a buggered limping greyhound with a rejuvenated racehorse with a strong pedigree!

I cannot see why nztx is so aggro with STU as you are indeed right, W69 - company's PR is measured and on song.

SP performance mirrors that of FBU - up 24% YTD vs FBU up 26%, with NZ50 down 3.6%.

After the debacles of missing market expectations in the last few years, STU should be cautious about releasing numbers.

Meanwhile, they have given plenty of indications that things are going along well.

Another profit upgrade is inevitable imo but it could be that the company chooses to leave most of the upgrade to 2022.

I'm sorry if it seems that way Balance..

but in checking past notes on STU:

In 2019 H1 (31.12.18) STU basically doubled it's issued Cap to repay Large Debt
    (approx $86 mil Term Debt repaid in H1 accounts)

that was following 2018 H2 & 2018 YE carnage - 2018 EOY Pre Tax Loss $35.80 mil

So basically Holders bailed STU out big time to tidy up the Company's position

Roll on to 2020 Year - more carnage, impairments & write-offs in both H1 & H2
    resulting in 2020 EOY pre tax Loss of a further $65.9 Mil

STU has in recent past effectively LOST ALL the NEW SHARE CAPITAL it raised within 2 years

It appears that STU's board have a considerable amount of ground to prove they
    can operate effectively & have a sustainable ship, without further carnage seen in 2018 & 2020 years.
    And that's not just in artificially pumped up years stemming from Covid demands or in
    response to the whims of the reigning Serf party mouthpieces currently flapping their tongues, as well..

That includes elevation to reporting continuously without fail - not just after Auditors
    knife the accounts savagely once or twice a year.

If any of the current STU Board members from the old guard still on deck from
    earlier times do not understand what Stakeholders demand of them then perhaps
    they should be planning for their final trip out the gate down the road IMO ..
    Last edited by nztx; 29-06-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Banned

NZ50 Down nearly 5% YTD. You're talking about the con job that is the NZ50G index which includes reinvested dividends (only one in the world that does). Look at the NZ50 Capital index for the real figure.

Just been told by one of my contacts in the building industry that STU has advised them of further price increases in July and for certain products, to expect further delays in deliveries as well.
    Update to the above - structural steel prices to go up another 20% from July on top of the 30% increase in the last 6 months.

Building material suppliers like STU or even Placemakers have stopped giving firm prices for supplies.

Smells to me like suppliers are going to be reaping ‘windfall’ profits from their stock carry.

In the case of STU, inventory was around $90m at end of Dec so a 10% increase in such a windfall would equate additional $9m additional profit.

Here are the price increases through to September, note transportation increases also
    Effective today

Structural Sections + 10%

Plate + 15%

Coil & Sheet + 10 to 15%

Stainless Steel + 10%

Engineering Steels + 5 to 10 %

Fasteners + 8%

Selected other products (primarily palletised products such as fittings, valves, chain & rigging, imported rural products etc) +5 to 15% and selected regional freight/courier charges.

Effective 1 August 2021

Pipe, RHS, and SHS + 7 to 9%

Line Pipe +13%

Merchant bar + 8%

Effective 5 September 2021

Colorsteel products + 6%
    Zincalume + 6%
    Galvanised +6%
    ComFlor +6%
    Coil & Sheet +10 to 15%
    Purlins + 6%
    Fasteners +8%
    All Accessories (paper, netting, etc) +3%
    Selected other products and selected regional freight/courier charges +5 to 15%

Couldn’t keep quiet forever

Huge upgrade ……EBIT over $20m

This should see share price surge

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...952/350678.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yes. If I was not so overweight in STU I would get some more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Couldn’t keep quiet forever

Huge upgrade ……EBIT over $20m

This should see share price surge

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...952/350678.pdf
    Normalising the NPAT will be around $13m which at dividend policy midpoint should see a final dividend of around 4.3cps so a total DPS of 5.5cps for the year

Veteran novice

After dithering for a couple of weeks I bought a few more today - after the announcement! And will buy some more if the SP reverts.