sharetrader
Page 154 of 241 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2404

23% profit upgrade at EBIT level - from last upgrade of $17m to mid point $21m.

Upgrades come in a series so plenty more in the year ahead.

STU is like my holding in PGW which I progressively built up over the last 2 years - takes the market a while to wake up that STU (just like PGW) is a different company from the one which blundered badly over the last few years.

Happy to add on a few more if price stays around current levels.

The good news keeps coming from STU, happy holder

Good stuff from STU today

Forbar commenced coverage of Vulcan ……said they were cheap as

Forbar need to look at STU eh …if they want their clients to prosper
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    23% profit upgrade at EBIT level - from last upgrade of $17m to mid point $21m.

Upgrades come in a series so plenty more in the year ahead.

STU is like my holding in PGW which I progressively built up over the last 2 years - takes the market a while to wake up that STU (just like PGW) is a different company from the one which blundered badly over the last few years.

Happy to add on a few more if price stays around current levels.
    Market still largely unaware of the value in this one. Just like SKT (until a week ago - although still undervalued) and as you say PGW. These turnaround plays have been very profitable. For some reason the market has been taking a VERY long time to start accurately pricing these, which is great as has allowed heaps of time to build large positions.

Yep very tempting to get more but I am so overweight. The “big”money still to come on this one. Will have to re do my numbers but already trading on ridiculous low fundamentals. As Forbar has pointed out a steel distribution business a good stock for inflation play. A bit like sky i think, investors are not taking into account the cash they are holding.. And yes based on Vulcan listing $3 is not out of the question.
    Last edited by Shareguy; 15-12-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Market still largely unaware of the value in this one. Just like SKT (until a week ago - although still undervalued) and as you say PGW. These turnaround plays have been very profitable. For some reason the market has been taking a VERY long time to start accurately pricing these, which is great as has allowed heaps of time to build large positions.
    SKT, PGW & STU did stumbled along their turnaround journey which would cause most investors to ignore them. But the reward when they fire is simply marvelous!

Happy shareholder in all three!

2021 is proving to be a great year!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    Yep very tempting to get more but I am so overweight. The “big”money still to come on this one. Will have to re do my numbers but already trading on ridiculous low fundamentals. As Forbar has pointed out a steel distribution business a good stock for inflation play. A bit like sky i think, investors are not taking into account the cash they are holding.. And yes based on Vulcan listing $3 is not out of the question.
    STU is 13% of my portfolio and Sky TV 14% so it’s a very Merry Christmas this year. Look forward to them both becoming 20-25% of the portfolio in 2022.

Well I'm glad I topped up last month on the previous announcement. I also bought more FBU. Construction a good place to be right now.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...YGH2XASXWZ4RU/

Carters putting prices up 27.5% next year.

Who wants to guess what sort of forward P/E we are looking at? I must put my hand up and admit i dont have a clue. I have invested on what industry i think will be successful and also on the back of some great posts here on ST pointing out the value in STU (thanks)

Volume up 11% and value sales up 22% -- overall pretty hefty price increases

Hope input costs noy up by more than 10% else GM% a bit sick -- nut I suppose Mark would have told us if margins were down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post

hey shareguy - didn't you once say H2 was always better than H1

So we looking at $50m EBIT for FY -- in spite of the warnings about less trading days

That's a big increase on the FY21 of $19m eh