sharetrader
Page 164 of 241 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2404

I picked STU this year in the stock picking competition and will be repeating that. It is the only one of my picks to make a reappearance.

I have entered this year for the first time and also picked STU as my number one choice. I think STU will feature in a lot of sharetrader pics. Not so much with brokerage firms.
    Last edited by Shareguy; 26-12-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Resistance at $1.50..once broke.. would be sweet as

I've picked up a few more for a turnaround recovery punt and have them as a dark horse pick in the share competition as well. Could potentially see significant market outperformance in 2022.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Nice Beagle! The people would follow your move!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I've picked up a few more for a turnaround recovery punt and have them as a dark horse pick in the share competition as well. Could potentially see significant market outperformance in 2022.
    We'll be OK ..... things in the steel market are going so well at the moment it's hard to imagine that even STU management could stuff things up ..... but you never know so keep a close eye of those squiggly and MA lines on the chart.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Have caught up over Xmas with a family member that I have not seen all year. He works for a medium engineering business that uses S&T as main supplier. He had been very critical in the past about the lack of common stock items and poor service. It was pleasing to hear he was very positive and said it’s been a big turnaround with no real supply issues for the items they use. And the service has improved dramatically. Also said the prices have gone up but are passed on so no concerns from his point of view. Also commented that for the first time ever they have a year of work on thier books. All very positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    At close today 23/11/21. Vulcan Steel continues to climb at $8.40. Steel and Tube at $1.30

Will revisit this post in a year and compare the best return. I no what I’m betting on….
    One month and a bit, and the end of 2021 so let’s review.

We have Vulcan Steel at $10.29 up a respectable 23 percent from 23/11/21 and Stu at $1.55 up 19 percent also respectable.

A great increase for holders in a short timeframe. I have a high conviction on both stocks but strongly believe that Stu will take the lead soon and won’t stop.

Congrats to holders and let the ride continue.
    Last edited by Shareguy; 01-01-2022 at 09:01 AM.

STU had a very good calendar year 2021.
    Looking at my bookkeeping report I see it had an IRR of 69.91% return of capital gain plus net dividends for the twelve month period. ( I don't hold Vulcan Steel)
    [A couple of other what were initially "turn around stocks" did better for me over the twelve months. They were Bremworth at 80% IRR and Skellerup with a 77.43% IRR]

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    STU had a very good calendar year 2021.
    Looking at my bookkeeping report I see it had an IRR of 69.91% return of capital gain plus net dividends for the twelve month period. ( I don't hold Vulcan Steel)
    [A couple of other what were initially "turn around stocks" did better for me over the twelve months. They were Bremworth at 80% IRR and Skellerup with a 77.43% IRR]
    Be good if another 70% gain this year eh

$2.50 plus would be good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”