sharetrader
Page 180 of 241 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2408
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    No news. Stu up 4 cents for the week and Vulcan lost 32 cents.. Who’s been buying? I certainly have and great to wake up and see the Dow up 800. $2.00 not far away.
    Are you in your 70's or 80's Shareguy? If not then waking to the Dow up should make you want to vomit. I'd love you to run me through the math of it being good to see it up 800 points upon awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Are you in your 70's or 80's Shareguy? If not then waking to the Dow up should make you want to vomit. I'd love you to run me through the math of it being good to see it up 800 points upon awakening.
    No just an early riser. I have been busy buying and last week was most likely the end of me buying for a while. I no there is a lot of people that think the worst is yet to come, and it maybee, but I’m thinking positive so upwards and onwards.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    As VSL share price falls so does it PE eh .... now 12

Apply that to STU and discount for VSL size and ASX connections you get about 170/175 (my calcs)

But your 2 bucks seems good if it ever eventuates -- even if it takes somebody to take it over
    Thats is W69's polite way of saying ...." Not easy mate " ...lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shareguy View Post
    No just an early riser. I have been busy buying and last week was most likely the end of me buying for a while. I no there is a lot of people that think the worst is yet to come, and it maybee, but I’m thinking positive so upwards and onwards.
    If thinking positive means wanting higher prices on the Dow or otherwise then I don't understand. Unless you're planning to sell for either consumption or market timing (to sell, hope for decline then repurchase) the math doesnt check out.

Thinking positive means wishing for amazing assets and cash flows from them will be available for purchase at drastically reduced prices, with either future income or said cash flows.

Rising Dow etc will make us feel good but make us poorer in future unless you are selling down portfolio for consumption.

Buffett in his latest letter absolutly detests current prices. Positive thinking to him is to wake to a dramatically lower Dow.

Maybe there's something I don't get.

Hey SailorRob did you buy into that russian bank in the end?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Yeah, sheer luck but I'd been stalking it for a while and didn't buy all my Roubles pre invasion but had taken an original position. Doubled it near the lows the night of the invasion as well as Gazprom and Lukoil. Have topped up more since. The Sanctions on the other banks will benefit Sberbank, there is very little anyone can do without sending oil skyrocketing, Europe is extremely dependent on Russian gas. Opportunity of a lifetime in Russian equities at the moment. Was incredible watching and participating in trade on the MOEX during that session. Lots of freeze ups and crazy volatility.
    Last edited by SailorRob; 27-02-2022 at 07:51 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Down around 30% on Sberbank average price. Rouble probably get hammered tomorrow as well...
    Last edited by SailorRob; 27-02-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Investor

Forget $2, the way things are going, we might be heading back down to $1.50. Market still doesn't buy STU turnaround story.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Forget $2, the way things are going, we might be heading back down to $1.50. Market still doesn't buy STU turnaround story.
    Fine with me. Topped up again at 1.58 yesterday.
    No debt. Huge cash flows. Market can’t deny forever that the company is now more efficient and a very different proposition to 2-3 years ago. Might have to wait for another upgrade for it to sink in?

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    What is your "investing" time window - hours, days or even weeks?

For anybody thinking in investment timeframes it doesn't need a rocket scientist do see that this stock is in a nice uptrend. $2 by end of the year looks would look achievable to me ... (based on the power of linear extrapolation );

STUtrend - Copy.JPG

You know, they say - "Patience is a virtue";
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)