sharetrader
Page 30 of 241 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Hold a few much like those here waiting for the update.

Interesting piece re the book build the price cannot be less than $1.05 or more than the market price the day before the book build takes place. Should be plenty of room to do the numbers based on forward earnings projections assuming no more skeletons are lurking .....

Banned

https://steelandtube.co.nz/file/9175...token=LkNTFiE-

EBIT 25m for the next 2019 forecast...once capital raised..debts will be reduced to minimum from recent $100 debts...

once capital raised done done and dusted..will see the sp slowly raise?

percy

With a history of under performance, they will need to get "runs on the board" ,before we can make a reasonable judgement on the company, and their future.

After the FBU fiasco is there anyone left that really believes that STU have found all the skeletons in the closet with their ~ $54m write-down ?

Future years profitability guesses have the look of a used car salesman telling me, yes we've fixed all the problems and you will get years of trouble free service...

Of course the company would say everything is sorted...they're up against it and need the capital ! Investors should treat anything this company says with a healthy dose of skepticism in my opinion. FBU and MPG have both left investors in the stew, why would you get a different result in the same sector from STU ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-08-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Used car salesmen are pillars of the community.
    The day of them telling lies went out the door years ago.
    It is private car sellers who are the liars.

IMO

Only way is up is one way to look at it

Banned

The result meant to be 31st August, Friday. They brought forward to wed, 29th August, Wednesday.

what I see, the right offer close Monday, 3rd September. They would like to present it first so the shareholders can get Thursday and Friday to decide to get in the right offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Only way is up is one way to look at it
    Lots of other people thought that about MPG at $1. I sold at that level and very pleased I did. Taught me two valuable lessons. You'll never get every investment right and do not own mange and flea ridden dogs, no exceptions !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I have heard things about STU... not good things...

I would be extremely skeptical about "Strive / ERP recovery" which is a huge chunk of the budgeted bigly recovery from FY18 to FY19

One of the comments on the slides from a customer mentioned "The ERP conversion caused a lot of problems...", and I reckon it caused a few to many problems for some customers, who won't be returning to STU

I hope for the holders sake I am proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I see now

‘Any financial penalty relating from the current Commerce Commission court case will be covered by Steel & Tube's insurance,’ he said.

If it’s on the Internet it was be true then
    It was stated in a company announcement to the NZ stock exchange on 23rd May 2018 so unless you think they have deliberately deceived the market, it is true.