sharetrader
Page 60 of 241 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Auckland District Court Judge Warren Cathcart today sentenced the company to a fine of $1.89 million on 24 charges under the Fair Trading Act after an earlier guilty plea.
    That might hurt a little.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Today (24th) I received my Proxy/Voting in the post, and the voting closed yesterday 23 Oct at 2.pm. Has any body else had the same issue...…………….
    No question about it, the governance and administration of this company is a real "top class" act.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Today (24th) I received my Proxy/Voting in the post, and the voting closed yesterday 23 Oct at 2.pm. Has any body else had the same issue...…………….

Blame it to kiwipost....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Blame it to kiwipost....
    Maybe, but surely the company should be cognisant of the fact that the post can take up to 7 days these days?

They say the big fine won’t impact F19 result

Annual Accounts show a provision of only $1.2m for this — to cover expected fines and costs and likely insurance recovery.

Insurors must be up for a bit then.

Must
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

So the ASM is on tomorrow. I wonder what, if anything new will emerge from this meeting.

Same issue here - pretty outrageous!

Luckily I happened to log into Computershare the days before (for some unrelated reason) and saw the reminder - i.e. I did vote, but not quite right that they just leave that up to a lucky accident whether people get the message.

Obviously - NZ Post's wanting performance and the Monday holiday did not help.

About time NZX is extending the ridiculous short period of notice for AGMS's - 2 weeks is clearly not enough if a letter needs even under benign circumstances a week or more to be delivered.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

If they achieved FY2019 guidance of $25 million in earnings before interest and tax. What’s the EPS and SP will be? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    If they achieved FY2019 guidance of $25 million in earnings before interest and tax. What’s the EPS and SP will be? Thanks
    EPS about 10 cents and share price about $1.10

Justin — What you reckon a good PE for a company like STU is
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    EPS about 10 cents and share price about $1.10

Justin — What you reckon a good PE for a company like STU is
    If they achieved EBIT of $25m, the guidance for F20 will then determine the sp.

If their guidance for F20 is $35m (eps of 15c), market will accord the company a forward growth PER of 15 imo at that point = sp will be $2.25.

That's just how the market works - analysts never ever forecast a downturn until it happens. They always forecast growing EPS when a company is turning around.

I always like companies with fundamentally good market positioning getting themselves into trouble due to poorly executed acquisitions and expansions - opportunity to get set during their capital raising.

Best examples I can think of where spectacular gains were made - FBU, WBC, BHP & News Corp.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-10-2018 at 09:27 AM.