sharetrader
Page 61 of 241 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    EPS about 10 cents and share price about $1.10

Justin — What you reckon a good PE for a company like STU is
    10 cents EPS? Where is this coming from?

If we assume that they have very little tax to pay this year (for sure they accrued some losses), and that their interest payments dropped due to the recent recapitalisation, than it would be more like 14 cents / share.

For what it is worth - 4-traders is coming up with 16.5 cents EPS, but not sure how they calculated that (maybe assuming a tax refund from last years loss?). Their target price is 144 cents.

https://www.marketscreener.com/STEEL...20/financials/

Haven't yet met anybody who is not just able to predict future shrare prices (anybody can do that), but to get them right as well ... but yes - on a PE of 10 would this be something like $1.50 - add or deduct any hype and (as couta correctly states) the forecasts for 2020.

I will lean myself wide out of the window and predict that the STU share price within a year will be between 110 and 250 cents. For disclaimers, please check above ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    10 cents EPS? Where is this coming from?

If we assume that they have very little tax to pay this year (for sure they accrued some losses), and that their interest payments dropped due to the recent recapitalisation, than it would be more like 14 cents / share.

For what it is worth - 4-traders is coming up with 16.5 cents EPS, but not sure how they calculated that (maybe assuming a tax refund from last years loss?). Their target price is 144 cents.

https://www.marketscreener.com/STEEL...20/financials/

Haven't yet met anybody who is not just able to predict future shrare prices (anybody can do that), but to get them right as well ... but yes - on a PE of 10 would this be something like $1.50 - add or deduct any hype and (as couta correctly states) the forecasts for 2020.

I will lean myself wide out of the window and predict that the STU share price within a year will be between 110 and 250 cents. For disclaimers, please check above ;
    I just assumed they were going to pay tax

Wrong again eh as I see they have $4.9m in tax losses to carrry forward
    Last edited by winner69; 26-10-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

show over,there are only one winner, milfie

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    show over,there are only one winner, milfie
    Depends on your perspective and time horizon. If you discount for the "FBU-takeover-hype peak", than the SP is nicely and steadily rising since the CR.

STURise.PNG

The show ain't over - you just watched the end of the first act (since CR) ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

STU will continue to be arrogant and won’t even consider that course of action.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...475/290065.pdf

Well regarded Harbour Asset management selling down close to 2 million shares at average of $1.337. They must think any prospect of a takeover is well and truly dead and buried and that prospects for this company with its highly chequered track record are anything but bright. FWIW I think the market is dead right to be highly skeptical in regard to future profit "forecasts" STU have made. Their response to the FBU takeover was farcical in my opinion and the market clearly does not share the directors high opinion of the companies future prospects.
    I remain of the view that the construction sector is best avoided.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Who bought this 2 million shares?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Who bought this 2 million shares?
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/326709

Not him but always good to see directors and management buy shares on market.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...475/290065.pdf

Well regarded Harbour Asset management selling down close to 2 million shares at average of $1.337. They must think any prospect of a takeover is well and truly dead and buried and that prospects for this company with its highly chequered track record are anything but bright. FWIW I think the market is dead right to be highly skeptical in regard to future profit "forecasts" STU have made. Their response to the FBU takeover was farcical in my opinion and the market clearly does not share the directors high opinion of the companies future prospects.
    I remain of the view that the construction sector is best avoided.
    Or they just sold down additional shares and booked a profit. Part of the sell-down has been redistributed within the same wider First NZ Capital Group so the group didn't want out completely.

7 Sept - Announce they have gone over 5% (8,754,574 = 5.274%)

10 Sept - Announce increase from 5.274% to 6.556% (8,754,574 to 10,882,258 shares). Its confusingly titled First NZ Capital Group Limited but First NZ Capital securities only hold 22,424 shares at this point in time.

7 Nov - Announce they have decreased from 6.542% to 5.492% (10,859,834 to 9,117,284 shares). What is less clearly stated is that of this 1.74m share reduction, 0.56m was purchased by the related entity First NZ Capital Securities which has increased to 579,302 shares.

What is more interesting is the purchase by Ngaire Malpass of another 50,000 shares which Mark Malpass (CFO) disclosed today.