sharetrader
Page 2 of 241 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

IMO it's just a matter of time before STU's major shareholder takes them out.
    Now would be a good time to do that but doubtful whether Onesteel ( or is it Bluescope?) has the cash to do so.
    Meanwhile, it's a nice little divvy payer with potential for a bit of capital gain eventually.

And me at $2.53. Haven't looked at it today. Too busy buying and selling other stuff!

Advanced Member

Default STU Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    It's wonderful to see that long term support has held firmly at $2.50.
    Yes, it really is remarkable how that level has held strong over the years - especially through the current turmoil. I don't think there are any really safe havens, but if there were, STU would have to be on the list.
    There is no great insight to be gained from the chart apart from viewing the support. It's good that the OBV seems to have stopped falling, but the recent trendline break "buy" signal was caused by the OBV crabbing sideways rather than by a definitive rise so it should be ignored.
    If I were in your situation, I would be inclined to hold on to my $2.57 - $2.58 STU and delay buying more until the global situation settles a little. This is a very good time to be holding cash. Here's a thought for you - maybe when you do buy, you would do better investing in something that had been severely beaten down, rather than adding to your STU investment - a stock you already hold at a good price and one that has not been hammered.

Share Collector

Now $2.15. FY result out today and puts it on P/E of about 19. Not that they're in bad shape, just a great example of a cyclical. Heavily dependent on capex, especially in commercial building and rural (dairy sheds). Hard to see much pick up for a while. In another year or so, maybe everyone will have forgotten about how much money they make in a boom and it will be time to buy. After all, they are "well-positioned for the future", eh Percy?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Now $2.15. FY result out today and puts it on P/E of about 19. Not that they're in bad shape, just a great example of a cyclical. Heavily dependent on capex, especially in commercial building and rural (dairy sheds). Hard to see much pick up for a while. In another year or so, maybe everyone will have forgotten about how much money they make in a boom and it will be time to buy. After all, they are "well-positioned for the future", eh Percy?
    You are as allways, exactly right Lizard.Well run company,with strong balance sheet.A good company to have on watch list.

EWT student

looks like a trendbreak on price today percy,
    no volume support and other indicators yet to fire also.
    V.
    Tomorrow's trades will prove me wise or otherwise

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Vtrader View Post
    looks like a trendbreak on price today percy,
    no volume support and other indicators yet to fire also.
    V.
    Thanks for the thumbs up Vtrader.
    Phaedrus.Any chance of a chart update?

Guru

Trends are more spectacular than the TA indicators...unfortunately

On closer observation the spectacular nature of this chart is dulled by the price column.. the big rises aren't that big as it looks.

However... the chart shows some great gap events and yesterdays gapped bound ascending triangle breakout ..spooky huh?

Last edited by Hoop; 08-02-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: added ascending triangle

Advanced Member

Default STU Chart Update.

This chart shows any STU "Buy" signals, Bullish Divergences and positive indicators.
    STU appears to be on the verge of a trendline break.
    Note that this is an unconfirmed trendline.
    Vtrader notes that there is no volume support and other indicators are yet to fire.
    That's the good news.
    The bad news is that STU is still in a 6 year downtrend.

percy

Hoop, thank you.
    Phaedrus,thank you.I saw the long term down trend,but thought it may have turned. I suppose I was looking to buy.Was not sure,.so very much appriciate your guidance.