sharetrader
Page 44 of 241 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Steel is one of the central commodities in the current trade war which is supposed to make America great again.

A steel manufacturer tiring of the tariff and protectionist BS facing its internationally traded products would find a merchant steel distributor in a relatively friendly market to foreign trade an appealing distribution channel.

Cmon merger and acquisition drones there are potential fat fees in the offing here.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. I want to give some confidential advice to the Fletchers government relations drone. Has everyone else stopped reading... good I'll go on.

You want persuade Winston First to play the nationalist card and block any nasty Johnny Foreigner taking over STU.

Hey it has worked before. Remember when Petrocorp was to be sold to foreign British Gas. Richard Prebble imperiously over ruled the sale and handed Fletchers the golden ticket.
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 10-10-2018 at 01:50 PM. Reason: added PS
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Steel is one of the central commodities in the current trade war which is supposed to make America great again.

A steel manufacturer tiring of the tariff and protectionist BS facing its internationally traded products would find a merchant steel distributor in a relatively friendly market to foreign trade an appealing distribution channel.

Cmon merger and acquisition drones there are potential fat fees in the offing here.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. I want to give some confidential advice to the Fletchers government relations drone. Has everyone else stopped reading... good I'll go on.

You want persuade Winston First to play the nationalist card and block any nasty Johnny Foreigner taking over STU.

Hey it has worked before. Remember when Petrocorp was to be sold to foreign British Gas. Richard Prebble imperiously over ruled the sale and handed Fletchers the golden ticket.
    Yes, indeed!

And Winston being such a fervent admirer and die hard fan of Muldoonism - FBU needs to simply convince him that FBU & STU = Think BIG and good for NZ.

Easy as!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/e...e-pursuit.html

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12136277

"Asked if the price might increase, Taylor said Fletcher hoped to continue to talk to Steel & Tube but "we "think it's a good offer and would like to see it put to shareholders. We'd like to continue discussions with Steel & Tube."

Body language says FBU is ready to increase offer and STU wants a higher offer.

GAME on!
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/325268

Revised offer - $1.90 plus 5c dividend.

Game On BIG TIME!

I LOVE THIS!
    Last edited by Balance; 15-10-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Guru

Game On BIG TIME!

I LOVE THIS!
    Well called Balance, you did say the $1.70 would not be the final one.

Game On BIG TIME!

I LOVE THIS!
    Obviously pretty keen eh

Screw them for a bit more

This really is a get out of jail for free card for STU investors .....sustainable EBIT of $40m, they must be dreaming but makes a good story
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Good buying in the cap raise afterall. How will mr market react this morning is the question ...

Com Com approval won’t be a problem ......Fletcher’s probably done their homework and had some ‘discussions’ with them already (on a hypothetical case of course)

How STU see market
    https://steelandtube.co.nz/sites/def...x%20Letter.pdf

If acquired the resulting top 2 control a fair chunk but room for others
    Last edited by winner69; 15-10-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Obviously pretty keen eh

Screw them for a bit more

This really is a get out of jail for free card for STU investors .....sustainable EBIT of $40m, they must be dreaming but makes a good story

Further signs of ongoing FBU ineptitude I reckon. Amazing they would bid this much for this this mutt of a pup with so much uncertainty hanging over future earnings and all that before FBU have the money in the tin for the sale of their unwanted assets. Mind boggling stuff. I'd be dumping any FBU like a hot scone if I had any.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Further signs of ongoing FBU ineptitude I reckon. Amazing they would bid this much for this this mutt of a pup with so much uncertainty hanging over future earnings and all that before FBU have the money in the tin for the sale of their unwanted assets. Mind boggling stuff. I'd be dumping any FBU like a hot scone if I had any.
    Might be inept but company suicide is not an option when you are this big

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just smart investors. STU is much more healthy than FBU - i.e. their aquisition for FBU definitly would be EPS acretive .

Discl: hold an (unfortunately only) small parcel in STU and loving it ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)