sharetrader
Page 45 of 241 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Interesting dilemma for shareholders and punters. I chose the word punters carefully because anyone buying at this level is really taking an unknown punt of Com Com approval and in this political environment you might as well flip a coin on the outcome. Heads they get approval and you get your $1.95 including special dividend in about 4-6 months time, tails you "enjoy" remaining a shareholder and look forward to hoping that STU directors with their chequered track record can deliver on earnings.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/325268

Revised offer - $1.90 plus 5c dividend.

Game On BIG TIME!

I LOVE THIS!
    If I had cash I would have brought STU soon after the initial take over offer, this one was always on the way.
    Pondered buying at cap raise time as well but ultimately decided not to (my mistake I suppose).

Congradulations to holders. If FBU bid in the low $2's, I'm sure STU would accept

Looking promising toward lifting my portfolio out of last weeks doldrums.... if only I had had some spare cash when it all went down!

Then comes Beagle's dilemma - do I cash out now and quickly reinvest in other languishing stocks, or do I hold out for Trader Jacksons low $2 offer to eventuate? Decisions decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Looking promising toward lifting my portfolio out of last weeks doldrums.... if only I had had some spare cash when it all went down!

Then comes Beagle's dilemma - do I cash out now and quickly reinvest in other languishing stocks, or do I hold out for Trader Jacksons low $2 offer to eventuate? Decisions decisions.
    Thankfully I don't have that dilemma. It doesn't matter which pet shop you visit mutts of questionable parentage are a lot cheaper and always will be, than well bred pedigree stock
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Good grief!............I actually got this one right (thus far). Acted on the gutometer and information out there that indicated (to me) this was a given. Picked up 15000 of them last week at 1.50. At 1.70 i may even buy more........still looking cheap based what we know as of today??
    Have a Gr8day.

Food for thought. Does the current political environment have any influence on the Commerce commission ?

They are too busy trying find out why petrol prices are so high (without drawing attention to greedy govenment double dipping on tax)

Cindy thinks we're all part of her Kindy. Her hypocrisy costs her substantial political capital, no question about that but she seems keen to hammer food companies next, what's after that, building products ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Cindy thinks we're all part of her Kindy. Her hypocrisy costs her substantial political capital, no question about that but she seems keen to hammer food companies next, what's after that, building products ?
    Governments been trying to hammer building products companies for a while now ....they are a resilient lot ....and at the end of the day don’t make excessive profits do they
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Governments been trying to hammer building products companies for a while now ....they are a resilient lot ....and at the end of the day don’t make excessive profits do they
    Not when they get involved in high rise construction lol.