sharetrader
Page 5 of 241 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

I don't see a controlling shareholder buyout of Arrium is on the cards in the foreseeable future.
    Hi Snoopy

I assume you meant "by Arrium" and I'd agree with that. Arrium have plenty on their plate without taking on more of STU - and after all the name change was designed to alter perceptions that OST was a purely steel manufacturer. In the period from 2007 -2012, the company's"steel" assets dropped from 92% to 47% of total value, the balance being largely Mining anf Mining Consumables. I don't see them wanting to reverse that trend.

percy

I brought back in today at $2.877.
    It appears the Fortress Fasteners acquisition is better than I thought.

You will likely get some volatility in this cyclic industry which will be different to slow and steady of POT.

Its been a while since I looked into STU. It is normally very cut throat industry with tight margins and dependent on large construction projects as well as a good eye on inventory levels / cashflow.

Given recent dairy construction boom which required heaps of stainless steel and that we are half way through Christchurch rebuild, do you think there will be enough non residential construction to provide growth and profitability beyond the next few years?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I brought back in today at $2.877.
    It appears the Fortress Fasteners acquisition is better than I thought.
    That fortress business has high EBIT margins eh Percy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Projections.............. 2015............. 2016......................2017
    Craigs eps................0.25.................0.29...... .................0.35
    4-Traders eps...........0.25................0.289........... ...........0.329
    Craigs PE..................11.5..................9.7..... .................8.1
    4-Traders PE..............11.4.................9.9.......... ............8.7
    Craigs dps..................0.20...............0.23...... ...............0.28
    4-Traers.dps...............0.195..............0.217. ................0.24
    Craigs div yield............6.8%...............8%............ ..........9.6%
    Craigs eps growth.......23.2%.............17.8%.............. ..20%.

The eps growth took me by surprise,as did the yield..
    Yes W69,it must have been a fantastic acquisition.
    Nasi Goreng.Agree with you,that is why I sold some time ago,but looking at the above projections you can see why I brought back in..
    Last edited by percy; 05-08-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Projections.............. 2015............. 2016......................2017
    Craigs eps................0.25.................0.29...... .................0.35
    4-Traders eps...........0.25................0.289........... ...........0.329
    Craigs PE..................11.5..................9.7..... .................8.1
    4-Traders PE..............11.4.................9.9.......... ............8.7
    Craigs dps..................0.20...............0.23...... ...............0.28
    4-Traers.dps...............0.195..............0.217. ................0.24
    Craigs div yield............6.8%...............8%............ ..........9.6%
    Craigs eps growth.......23.2%.............17.8%.............. ..20%.

The eps growth took me by surprise,as did the yield..
    Yes W69,it must have been a fantastic acquisition.
    Nasi Goreng.Agree with you,that is why I sold some time ago,but looking at the above projections you can see why I brought back in..
    I note from Snoopy's post #106 on the STU Steel and Tube thread that eps was 30.6 back in 2009, at which time dps was 20.0. Deja vu.

Great result from STU this year

Black mark for using 'well positioned' in the announcement

Only needs the market to get rid of its current negative sentiment to building related stocks to get share price to $3 plus.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Great result from STU this year

Black mark for using 'well positioned' in the announcement

Only needs the market to get rid of its current negative sentiment to building related stocks to get share price to $3 plus.
    Looks good on the initial quick glance. Div up to 10c from 9c and profit going to be supported by new acquisition. Though Chch may be slowing? Might have to find some time to have a decent read.

I like the announcement too....but haven't had a full read. Overall, I have held this share since March 2010 as it has always seemed solid with a good yield. Let us see what the numbers actually say and how the low dollar impacts the overall picture.

Veteran novice

There's not a lot to read. Only the one page as far as I can see and all good news!