sharetrader
Page 53 of 241 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    They don't want the share price to tank further?
    FBU is waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    FBU is waiting.
    FBU would be fools not be round at Harbour Milford and ACC.If they are still intending to be a player,they would need to get these 3 on board before a third party enters the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Currently trading on a FY20 forward P/E of only 10 and with those dividends to be resumed it must be an absolute bargain at the current price even without the possible takeover premium.

Disc: Definitely do your own.
    Disc: Told you $1.20 was good buying.
    Getting my car serviced on Thursday and my Mechanic needs that big ramp back if you don't mind. Market doesn't believe in the credibility of STU board's earnings so the question of the real PE in this systemically problematic and highly cyclical industry is wide open. Some would even argue a PE of only 7 is applicable in an industry at the top of its cycle...and that assumes you can reliably predict the earnings and in the case of the two ugly construction cousins we know that's impossible
    Back to $1.20 when all this nonsense is over ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-10-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

the dodgy reinforcing steel they sold has not been settled yet has it?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Getting my car serviced on Thursday and my Mechanic needs that big ramp back if you don't mind. Market doesn't believe in the credibility of STU board's earnings so the question of the real PE in this systemically problematic and highly cyclical industry is wide open. Some would even argue a PE of only 7 is applicable in an industry at the top of its cycle...and that assumes you can reliably predict the earnings and in the case of the two ugly construction cousins we know that's impossible
    Back to $1.20 when all this nonsense is over ?
    Actually borrowed the ramp from your garage.
    My, do you have a big collection of them.
    Up ramps, down ramps and that big funny corkscrew thing.

Forward P/E of 10 with dividends it is up, up and away.

Disc: Really, do do your own research.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Actually borrowed the ramp from your garage.
    My, do you have a big collection of them.
    Up ramps, down ramps and that big funny corkscrew thing.

Forward P/E of 10 with dividends it is up, up and away.

Disc: Really, do do your own research.
    Over in Aussie FXL is guiding for a potential double digit cash NPAT growth (which may lead to a record cash NPAT result) and has always paid a dividend (current yield is 4.5%) and facing no class action... but is over 30% 'cheaper' than STU, with a forward PE of 6.6 (waay lower than STU) ... it is far from up, up and away!

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    the dodgy reinforcing steel they sold has not been settled yet has it?
    Some people like to pretend that issue is behind the company for reasons best suited to themselves.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Over in Aussie FXL is guiding for a potential double digit cash NPAT growth (which may lead to a record cash NPAT result) and has always paid a dividend (current yield is 4.5%) and facing no class action... but is over 30% 'cheaper' than STU, with a forward PE of 6.6 (waay lower than STU) ... it is far from up, up and away!
    Oh my goodness, that's another inconvenient truth some will do their best to try and ignore. Can't possibly be a valid comparative...surely not lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Oh my goodness, that's another inconvenient truth some will do their best to try and ignore. Can't possibly be a valid comparative...surely not lol
    No it is not... alot of other factors involved, for both companies, etc
    But one seemingly only valuing on 1. if they pay a dividend and 2. have a low PE ratio does not equal a recipe for success/reason to buy...

No it is not... alot of other factors involved, for both companies, etc
    But one seemingly only valuing on 1. if they pay a dividend and 2. have a low PE ratio does not equal a recipe for success/reason to buy...
    Backtracking so quickly?

This FXL is the one whose sp is down 64% in the last 4 years?

Looks like a big Beagle (dog) to me!