sharetrader

Default Auckland Residential Property Trust

Has anyone heard of them? Have any thoughts on them?

Just wondering if they were 'straight', or similar to ESC & Investors Forum? From the info I have seen, I note that they charge over $5k as an advisory fee. What this encompasses, I do not know...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Advanced Member

STEVE , never heard of them but the 5k says heaps for advice. macdunk

Well, I have done sone 'googling' and it appears that this ties up with BLUE CHIP NZ LTD (BCN) recently reversed onto the NZX.

Here are some thoughts from another Forum

Generally BCN is not well liked:
    +Blue Chip is ultimately owned by Mark Bryars. There is nothing nice to say about this man. There are a lot of people out there who do not trust him and theyre probably right in not doing so.
    It amazes me people think they need organisations like this to get ahead. This place has a bad smell and I reckon eventually we'll read about them in the NBR- on the bad pages.

+I'm not sure how they achieve "the splitting of rent into revenue and capital" though? Certainly sounds odd to me because the IRD tells me rent is ALWAYS classed as revenue. Can anyone shed any light on this technique?

Thoughts anyone?

Bluechip seem to do what they do very profitably but I can't for the life of me see why anyone needs to middleman to make a simple transaction more profitable.

I suspect they are the product of a real estate bull run and will drift back into obscurity (or collapse spectacularly!) when the next bear comes grumbling out of the cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Well, I have done sone 'googling' and it appears that this ties up with BLUE CHIP NZ LTD (BCN) recently reversed onto the NZX.

Here are some thoughts from another Forum

Generally BCN is not well liked:
    +Blue Chip is ultimately owned by Mark Bryars. There is nothing nice to say about this man. There are a lot of people out there who do not trust him and theyre probably right in not doing so.
    It amazes me people think they need organisations like this to get ahead. This place has a bad smell and I reckon eventually we'll read about them in the NBR- on the bad pages.

+I'm not sure how they achieve "the splitting of rent into revenue and capital" though? Certainly sounds odd to me because the IRD tells me rent is ALWAYS classed as revenue. Can anyone shed any light on this technique?

Thoughts anyone?
    The writing was on the wall for BlueChip 3 years ago, but no-one could see the wood for the trees...

Who is running Investors Forum these days?