Thanks very much for your responses they have all been taken `on board`

Its very difficuilt getting a clear picture of where the market is going from the on-line news media. Most people seem to have some sort of agenda to what they are writing or presenting about. There`s nothing like getting some tips from people who are actually in there doing it.

It seems like were getting into a bit of a transition period with the property cycle. All i can do i guess is kick back and wait to see what happens in the next 1-2yrs while im over here(could even be here longer depending on how my teams goes).

I guess after a few months there will be a clearer indication of where we are going. Regardless im getting in there in the next 2-3 years and giving it a shot. Especially if i get the right kind of property and deposit and thus be able to have a positive cashflow from the investment then, i figure im in a no lose situation where someone is paying 12-15,000 dollars off my investment every year while im waiting for the market to come back up.

Also, thanks for the book reccomendations. They have gone straight on the Visa....

R2, thanks for those tips. Myself and my wife have been kind of hoarding money over here waiting for the right time to send it home as the exchange rate has dropped from Y60/NZ$1 to Y75/NZ$1 since we have been here. Its an absolute killer.

Sauce...cheers, your post is worth $$$$

Thanks... Matt