sharetrader
Page 1 of 196 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Blood on the floor.

Bargains about. Don't get hooked in to picking up trash. Some things are getting smacked for good reason.

This isn't like the Dotcom bubble - but there sure are a lot of companies out there who have been riding on the coat-tails of others, not to mention on some very dodgy geological credentials. When it comes out in the wash we will wonder why certain co's were valued ten times what they are actually worth - and how the hell did they get a broking house to put a value on that one that high? But quality is quality, and there is still some of that about.

I got a pasting this morning, but I'm not the type to sook, so I'm back in to catch a bounce or two! (famous last words)

Totally agree and quality tends to be more about people than anything else.

Don't jump in too soon packers

This correction could take 3 months to play out IMO

mICK
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

quote:Originally posted by SimonSays

Totally agree and quality tends to be more about people than anything else.
    Certainly true with junior exploration companies

He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

I agree POK. Taking the cowards course and selling my more speccy plays and putting the proceeds into defensive plays and/or companies I am sure are/will be viable. Reducing the number of co's I am holding and starting to look longer term, also increasing the cash holdings. Been due for a while but a bit of a kick of the pants to see it happening.
    Undisputed 2006 World Cup Premierleague Champion

There are some new players about who are forging 'reputations' now that will dog them, rightfully, for many years to come. Not to mention the 'old' corporate crims who seem to latch onto every new bubble that rumbles along, who everyone seems to forget about their past reputations when they wave the dollars in front of their eyes a la Forrest and Fortescue. It's a pity in some ways Diamond Joe has been put out to pasture: he would have raised 50 mill by now from Mums and Dads and used it as his personal trading 'buffer' a la 87. Left you gobsmacked with the audacity of it all.

I reckon in 18 months time there will be some new Sons of Gwalia carcasses lying around and a lot of people complaining about the resources bubble and how its put the stock market on the nose for decades to come. Then something else will come rumbling in and the money-wise will buy at the bottom and sell to the can-carriers at the top a couple of years later.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Packers---------

I have taken a bit of a pasting the last week or so as well --- still okay , but quite a few vanishing profits

I am presently considering which stocks to quit ( to get some liquidity to pick up a few of the quality buys out there )
    I believe that the cost of the on line brokerage to make the move will be well worth while in the medium term and the move is in keeping with my philosophy of regularly culling the worst performers and moving to stocks that ( appear ) to have much better prospects

I am mainly invested in mining and resource stocks and I still consider these to be a good sector to be invested in

They may take a bit more of a hit yet before they settle down but the best stocks will hold up well I believe

As always , time will tell --- I will be watching closely and frequently
    Time is the great revealer

Blood on the Floor my ars@#$e

Just a mere hiccup my dearie Worry Warts......

except for Uncle Andy Forrest (nice one eh what !@#@! !! [}]), most of the other stocks...IMO... are relatively cool [8D][8D]

Nothing like a good enema of a cleansing to put a "spring in your step".... I say []

Kind Regards,

Robbo

Robbo

Remember we are approaching the Australian tax season as well so losers will continue to underperform as people sell to reduce tax obligations.

Agree with Mick - this will take a little while to sort out.

Have you been eating that ecstasy again, Robbo? [][8D][^]