I endeavour to keep in touch with matters that are likely to effect future prices for base metals
eg likely economic direction , China , India , supply , demand , stock levels , stock trends etc etc

There is a lot of information available , much is written on such matters and there is a significant divergance of opinion expressed by different commentators
Headline reports are often dramatic , such as " copper price plumets " when it has just come off a 16 year high by say 1%
If one was unaware of the true situation one would be led to believe that the bottom was about to drop out of the market
Often the next days headline is " copper posts new high "

I make my own mind up after taking a broad view of the position after discarding what I consider does not stack up

What I rely on as much as anything else are the KITCO charts of metal prices and stock levels
These give a factual and easily understood graphic presentation of actual historical price and stock levels ( with the exception of unreported stocks )and in my opinion are a most important tool in assessing the likely future price trends , not in minute detail but in general terms

I would like to hear from others if they feel they have any particularly reliable information that they use or access in addition to what I have covered