sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCP

Default MCP

MCP, anyone any idea why this stock has taken off in recent weeks-up another 8cents today

Because everyone wants to get into McPherson?[8D].

must admit i was wondering the same thing.
    have held MCP for a couple of years on basis of reasonable yield and lowish PE. with recent rise in price this is no longer case. of course i sold 2/3 of holding a couple of weeks ago on basis PE getting too high and yield too low only to watch them rise. traditionally a steady performer, unsure as to why the sudden rise. profit annoucement soon i think, perhaps will be a stunner; someone thinks so anyway.

Shareprice murdered lately and all way down to 60 cents .... no wonder a heavily discounted (-50% odd when announced) rights issue at 100 was cancelled

AGM today said things were looking quite promising this year and they expect earnings to be 25 cents so getting some around 80 cents today looks a good deal to me ...... but keep an eye on those charts and make sure tight stop losses are in place

EPS expected to be up 10% for the FY. Trading on a forward PE of under 8. Yield will probably be around 7% FF

IMO

26c div this year ex div now,PE 9 div yield10.4 Managemnt confident divi repeatable great contrarian buy. Bought today

IMO

Down today to $2.08 ish on lower forecasts after a record year. Div ahead still looks great re 10% ish ,my guess. Print division could list sep and buy Opus to create a much larger co not all based on trad print. We will for better or worse ,receive shares in this new vehicle. Debt down to 28% and still great cash flows. Topped up today but who knows where the bottom is as people /inst bail ,hopefully overeacting

Advanced Member

I hope Phaedrus is not reading this. But each to their own.

LOL Soulman,

If Mr. P were to be reading these threads, he would have enough dirt on nearly everybody to run a guilt parade, including myself.

But then, as you say, each to their own, if you can trade and survive in these markets, then in a few years time when or if a reversal does come it will be like a walk through the candy shop (IMO).

So yes, each to their own, which also includes each of our methods or ways of just successfully survive. Or it is for me at least anyway.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

IMO

Like your drift drillfix , successfully survive indeed ,just holding onto ones money a challenge in this wallowing mkt. Im holding and looking for more stocks that can pay a divvy thru the hard times and believe MCP can do this, i may catch a falling knife but today anyway the sp held around my contrarian buy. Hey soulman i think you need to dial an exorcist