sharetrader
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    many of the PGG Wrightson properties up for sale in the deep south 6yr fixed lease 5+5 rights

ticks most of my boxes .....what you reckon F.P ??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/co...1080115099.htm
    Looks like a sale and lease back. I would be wary of Tapanui, it would frighten me, only because I know nothing about the place, except it seems a long way off the beaten track - but is there any other users or uses for the building in 6 years if Wrightons vacate? Remember the rights of renewal favour the tenant but are not in your interests. (The tenant is not committed - but you are until the tenant decides whether or not he will exercise his rights)
    The building is obviously good but I know so little about the area that I'm not the right person to ask. Sorry I'm not much help with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Looks like a sale and lease back. I would be wary of Tapanui, it would frighten me, only because I know nothing about the place, except it seems a long way off the beaten track - but is there any other users or uses for the building in 6 years if Wrightons vacate? Remember the rights of renewal favour the tenant but are not in your interests. (The tenant is not committed - but you are until the tenant decides whether or not he will exercise his rights)
    The building is obviously good but I know so little about the area that I'm not the right person to ask. Sorry I'm not much help with this one.
    Yes no stress I'm actually much more keen on the Winton(central Southland one (grew up in area) surrounded by some of the most expensive farmland in NZ.. little to nil good sized commercial available in the town ....
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-05-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Legend

Yes no stress I'm actually much more keen on the Winton(central Southland one (grew up in area) surrounded by some of the most expensive farmland in NZ.. little to nil good sized commercial available in the town ....
    Looks pretty good; once again I know little about the area, but you do and obviously have confidence. Gore one looks ok too..

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Looks pretty good; once again I know little about the area, but you do and obviously have confidence. Gore one looks ok too..
    Yes Gore one sold (1.3mill) ...guess when it come down to it with any commercial property in this hot market it's always going to be hard to find the perfect property ...location , lease agreement , NBS ,net yield, price to value etc ,,,, and more so... just finding the best of the bunch ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11817415

Research firm Digital Finance Analytics has warned that one in five Australians could be in serious trouble if rates were to rise by just 50 basis points

Personal think it could be as bad if not worse in many areas in NZ ....
    Last edited by JBmurc; 20-03-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Super Investor

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11817415

Research firm Digital Finance Analytics has warned that one in five Australians could be in serious trouble if rates were to rise by just 50 basis points

Personal think it could be as bad if not worse in many areas in NZ ....
    Thats rubbish. How does it affect those that dont have mortgages?..or don't even own property?
    Last edited by h2so4; 20-03-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    h2

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Thats rubbish. How does it affect those that dont have mortgages?..or don't even own property?
    one in 5. that is 20%. I think more than 20% of ppl own their own property and have a mortgage. So it is possible.

But I doubt the 50 basis points causing that. 200 basis points would hurt a lot of people and Australians are far more aggressive when it comes to mortgages. My younger brother in Sydney on slightly over 100k was offered a $1 million mortgage... (something unheard of here)

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    one in 5. that is 20%. I think more than 20% of ppl own their own property and have a mortgage. So it is possible.

But I doubt the 50 basis points causing that. 200 basis points would hurt a lot of people and Australians are far more aggressive when it comes to mortgages. My younger brother in Sydney on slightly over 100k was offered a $1 million mortgage... (something unheard of here)
    What every man woman and child?

"You just wait until your father gets home your in serious trouble"
    h2

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    What every man woman and child?

"You just wait until your father gets home your in serious trouble"
    well obviously wives and children of a father, or children of parents who have a mortgage are going to be in just as much trouble as papa and mama so I will stand by my statement.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    well obviously wives and children of a father, or children of parents who have a mortgage are going to be in just as much trouble as papa and mama so I will stand by my statement.
    Well I hope Aaron doesn't start reading this thread.
    h2