sharetrader
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Are Forsyth Barr crooks ?

Every float these guys touch turns to custard. Look at Feltex. They were also involved in Wakefield hospital and the same thing happened. Everything turned to custards 6 months after the float. They always say "we are doing everything we can" but ultimately they know they are not accountable & they don't give a toss.

Their stratergy is to just pump up the price of the intial float value as they get a % of the price. Then, its the next joes problem.

Yeah the brokers are always the whipping boys for investor's incompetence and greed. I did a thread about it a while ago - Moral Hazard and the IPO http://sharetrader.co.nz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19932

Stop blaming brokers for your incompetence. A broker isn't a substitute for your brain - or is he? You people need to take some personal responsibility.

They are recommending TEL,FTX,INL,FBL,THL. All long-term plays until, the fundamentals change, I assume.

Howdy Cap' - nice to have your Drambuie-like tones on ST again.
    I tend to agree with you on IPOs. Any take on the da Bro's comments?

It's because of intellectually dishonest people like you David Renwick, that I am not interested in sharing my views here.

[u]Addendum</u>: I am sick and tired of people pretending to be benevolent to me and insulting me behind my back. Rather they think it is behind my back. You don't fool me - I have known you have been Longtack for some time. Stolwyk did the same thing, but at least he didn't bother with an alias. I don't deserve it. Goodbye.

Banned

quote:Originally posted by cdt18

Their stratergy is to just pump up the price of the intial float value as they get a % of the price. Then, its the next joes problem.

a bit like most sharetraders eh.....one of Stollis pump and dump 101s

actually, I think FB have one of the BEST records in the brokers picks

CAP is correct......whipping boys

Banned

and dont even bother to argue................

with your stupid little quips or retorts

YOU KNOW C9 IS RIGHT, AS ALWAYS

I agree. Forsyth Barr is my brokerage firm, and apart from two bad calls (WHS and FTX) where they relied too heavily on the feedback from the companies themselves, they have recommended some good stocks in a timely manner.

Recommendations are, surprisingly, recommendations. You as an investor are supposed to look at the recommendations and then weigh up the pros and cons. If you're too bloody stupid to do your own thinking then no brokerage firm in the world will meet your criteria. I have made some good money off ForBarr recommendations, but I still make sure that the final decision is mine.

It's also interesting that this post has started since the market correction. Has someone been caught short and is looking for a scapegoat?

Forsyth Barr have a vested interest in making sure they maintain a customer base, and being a crooked firm would not do this.
    Undisputed 2006 World Cup Premierleague Champion

Banned

DUDES,

Forsyth barr are one of the best brokerage firms []

whats this site coming too calling Forsyth Barr crooks [V][V]

cdt18 dude with a statement like that you could be [xx(][xx(][xx(][:o)][:o)][:o)]

I can't actually see cdt18 stating he/she actually bought any shares.He/she may be making an astute observation.
    ACCRINGTON STANLEY-the club that wouldn't die.