sharetrader
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Picked on the wrong Asian driver? Them Koreans are bloody tough buggers, enduring several years of aggro military service and all are trained in tae-kwon-do. I have seen one took on several street kids in front of MacDonalds and he sent them packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Couldn't agree more, that's exactly how it is.

Obviously from the last post some of the so called financial advisors at Forsyth Barr are not content just to f##k people over financially.
    I once had an interview with the chief of the Auckland fraud squad. He explained that if you found a way of parting fools from their money that hadn't been used before 1924, then it was probably legal. Such was the antiquity of our legislation.

In the present case, assuming guilt. Starting point, three years. Mitigating factors - no previous form - less 25%.
    Worked for fubar (habitual crim) + 50%. Considering the performance of the Judges superannuation scheme over the past few years, I would be surprised if they can find a judge who would not recuse himself/herself. He should be very afraid.
    Mx

Share Collector

Guess Winston will find himself owning a whole lot of VHP shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by manxman View Post
    Worked for fubar (habitual crim) + 50%. .
    That's Gold LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Guess Winston will find himself owning a whole lot of VHP shortly...

I am not sure what you are saying about VHP. I have not been watching the markets recently and was never that savy or I wouldn't have let a bunch of fraudsters manage my portfolio in the first place. ( It was when one of their 'team' was jailed for fraud that I realised that it was time for me to get out of there.)
    I am interested in what you think. (But I don't own any.)

Interesting thread this one.

Two things: firstly,a quick browse of the Forsyth Barr website indicates that Mr Road Rage, Guy Hallwright still works for the firm - what do you actually need to do to get the sack from this firm? Yeah yeah I know, he was out of work hours, travelling privately etc etc but its a bad look.

And secondly (if my memory serves me correctly) about the same time I received a call from a broker at Forsyth Barr touting FTX and a broker from Jordan Sandman Smythe (JB Were) touting Pumpkin Patch (both new floats) and Im not quite sure whether I was hideously drunk or under the influence of other substances at the time but I chose FTX. To this day I can't believe my choice. Quickly realising my mistake I quickly sold the FTX and the damage was rather limited.

Since then I have never touched Forbar. Whilst the founders of the firm and managing principals are indeed honourable fellows and their sponsorship of Dunedin stadium admirable, if you felt the need to actually use a full service broker then, in my opinion look somewhere else

Disc: Not associated with any broker
    Last edited by metro; 04-01-2011 at 08:26 AM.
    metro / Sky Tower

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Long time no post

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Interesting thread this one....
    Metro, good to see you back.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post

Since then I have never touched Forbar. Whilst the founders of the firm and managing principals are indeed honourable fellows and their sponsorship of Dunedin stadium admirable, if you felt the need to actually use a full service broker then, in my opinion look somewhere else

Disc: Not associated with any broker

'So are they all, all honourable men-- '
    I think Alan Hubbard actually is an honourable man. He seems to genuinely fail to understand that he was making charitable donations using other peoples money. People saw him doing good and lent S.C.F. etc their life savings. As long as the businesses continued to grow the complex book-keeping hid the true state of affairs.

However, a lot of former clients of Forsyth Barr have reason to believe that its owners are not as 'honourable' as their public persona implies. These victims of the firm know how Forbarr got its hands on a lot of their money when it was being managed in client portfolios.

But 'I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.'
    The owners of Forbarr and their fellows ('and, sure, they are all honourable men') in the council and the legal system of a small town like Dunedin are perfectly capable of controlling all the outcomes of their actions, and they do not care that the powerless know this. It was really our money that ended up buying Forsyth Barrs name on the stadium.

Ironically, we may yet end up having the last laugh. We are watching to see how well these geniuses manage to control having their name associated with a total white elephant that has not yet been able to find a single paying customer. Meanwhile the council is doing its best to pay for this circus by cutting expenditure on the library!