sharetrader
Page 94 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast

Those of us who understand insurance will be aware that fire service levy (FSL) is set to increase, potentially astronomically, in 2019. The New Zealand Fire Service has pushed through a 40% increase (39.47% if we're being exact) in FSL from 1 July. On the assumption that LPTs are well insured this is a direct cost.

From 2019 the FSL rules change completely with larger buyers of insurance, such as LPTs (I assume) potentially looking at much increased costs of insurance (as FSL is charged on insurance policies).

All businesses will be affected affected by this but larger ones are likely to suffer exponentially. Have others looked at what effect these increased costs may have on LPTs?

Disclosure: holder of ARG.

Notice Milford, westpac and ACC went under 5% seling arg? any reason why?

A simple question ..will the acknowledged 3 property investment options for investors be soon reduced to 2 given the arrival of Amazon.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    A simple question ..will the acknowledged 3 property investment options for investors be soon reduced to 2 given the arrival of Amazon.

That's not simple. What are the 'acknowledged three property investment options for investors'?

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Notice Milford, westpac and ACC went under 5% seling arg? any reason why?
    Maybe they are psychic or as I suspect they are good at their job. When was that data in the interim report to 30/09/2017 made available. This was happening before the end of September so you would hope nobody is getting a heads up ahead of the market.

I see in the herald a drop in rental income and no revaluation up of properties. Actually looking at the report operating cashflow was down 31% for the same period last year I have only had a cursory glance this morning after reading the herald article.

No devaluations in spite of the drop in operating cashflow. Maybe this means capitalisation rates can't go any lower and we are at the bottom of the interest rate cycle. I didn't look at any buying and selling of property over this period but on the statement of cashflow it looks like they sold $20mill of property to build something or renovate something. Got to get to work so don't have time.

Waiting for the Global Financial Crisis to end all Global Financial Crises before buying property trusts. Hope this is instead of the next war to end all wars.
    Last edited by Aaron; 22-11-2017 at 07:54 AM.

A couple of big trades of GMT this afternoon of 2.6M and 1.3M respectively

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    A couple of big trades of GMT this afternoon of 2.6M and 1.3M respectively
    Behind the paywall lead article on NBR today Industrial property to shine on the back of strong growth in online shopping - or words to that effect.
    GMT have made some good headway this last month and I am expecting solid if unspectacular returns in 2018 and beyond. Not expecting any more capital gains for the cap rate compression but rent reviews and ongoing strong demand for the rest of their highbrook estate should see sound returns going forward...nice boring stock, sometimes a slice of the boring steady pie is a good thing...notice what I did there with this being a PIE fund
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Im holding CIP on the ASX near a high. D/Y is 7.7% in $A no franking credits. Some of their industrial props are beneficiaries of online shopping being warehouses where all the goods are shipped from.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 19-12-2017 at 06:38 AM.

following now

What a boring thread.

Some nice people sold me recently some more Argosy shares for $1 a piece. Probably just bored share holders; If anybody wants to sell me some more at this price ... just go ahead - my order stands; I recommend however that you press the sell button before you read further or you might change your mind

2018 results are out: Steady as she goes: Good first HY, really good second HY and outlook just nice (really boring stuff);

presentation:
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...353/279696.pdf

annual report:
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...353/279699.pdf

NTA is now up to $1.12 per share (a real Graham opportunity) and the company holds a great and diversified set of assets with 99% occupancy rate - yawn;

Income - $101m (slightly above expectations);
    EPS: 11,9 cents (including value increase through re-valuations);

and did I mention a 6.25% fully imputed annual dividend (edit: meant obviously 6.25 cents, but given I paid $1 per share, the percentage is true as well );?

But yep, lets wait until all the excitement is over - I am sure there are still some bored shareholders to sell more at $1 ...

YAWN ...

Ah - and please, don't tell anybody - will you? We don't want to have too much excitement on this thread ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 23-05-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)