sharetrader
Page 2 of 201 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

13 Jun 2006 09:10
    FORECAST: APT: Strong rental growth drives $126m revaluation gain for ANZO

Strong rental growth drives $126 million revaluation gain for AMP NZ Office
    Trust

Growth in office rentals has been the major driver for a $126 million
    portfolio revaluation gain announced today by New Zealand''s largest listed
    investor in prime commercial office property, AMP NZ Office Trust (ANZO).
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

Guru

So what is going on at KIP?
    They are steadily moving up. Closed at 139 today.
    Have we another CNZ in the making?

Asset backing per share in annual report was $1.44 including the recent 5c dividend. That divi has now been paid so n.a.v. falls to $1.39. Stock is pretty fairly valued at these levels, the big question is will rents keep rising and yields keep falling to boost the shareprice even further ??
    nelehdine

Property trust snaps up half of industrial park
    12 July 2006

Listed property vehicle ING Property Trust is to unconditionally buy a 50 per cent stake in property company North East Industrial Ltd (Neil).

Neil owns 70 ha of industrial and commercial-zoned land in Palmerston North, known as the North East Industrial Park.

ING says it expects to receive an 8 per cent return on the 44.5ha of undeveloped land from the vendors until new buildings are completed and producing an income.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3728688a13,00.html
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

Ezibuy opens $10m centre
    12 July 2006
    By SUE ALLEN

Mail order company Ezibuy has opened a $10 million distribution centre in Palmerston North, the biggest in the Southern Hemisphere.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3728700a13,00.html

Caesius,

I'm curious to know what the big "spike" back in Feb-&gt;Mar-&gt;Apr this year was?

It was an aborted takeover (by ING I think)

In Palmy ING Property trusts
    16 July 2006
    By GREG NINNESS

ING Property Trust expects its newly acquired industrial estate in Palmerston North to be worth $300 million when it is finished in about seven years.

The trust has taken a 50% stake in North East Industrial Ltd, which owns the partially developed 70ha estate.

ING Property Trust managing director Andrew Evans said the trust would pay $20m for its share of North East Industrial, which would be run as a joint venture with North East Industrial's founders, Uruguay-based brothers Frederico and Jose Chamyan.

The Chamyan family is one of Uruguay's wealthiest, with extensive pastoral land holdings and a tannery business that employs more than 500 staff.

The brothers bought the land on the outskirts of Palmerston North several years ago and began developing it into an industrial estate. Their interests in this country have been managed by Palmerston North businessman Paul Barris, who will continue to represent them in the North East Industrial joint venture.

The project will be the first time the trust has entered into a joint venture arrangement and this has netted it a considerable prize.

A scarcity of industrial land in Wellington has made Palmerston North an increasingly attractive base for companies requiring large format premises from which to distribute goods around the lower North Island.

AdvertisementAdvertisementThe city's central location on the main trunk rail line is also attractive to major logistics companies looking to build large and efficient warehousing operations.

Grocery giant Foodstuffs has acquired a 10ha site adjacent to North East Industrial's Palmerston North estate on which it intends to build a new distribution centre to replace its existing facility in Wellington.

Currently, there are two fully developed properties on the estate. An enormous 27,000sqm distribution and administration centre for mail order retailer Ezibuy, which opened last week, and a recreation centre that includes a golf driving range and bowling alley. These are currently providing average yields of around 9.5%.

A new head office and distribution centre for livestock management systems supplier Allflex is also under construction.

This leaves about 44.5ha yet to be developed.

Evans said new developments within the estate would only be undertaken on a design and build basis once tenants had committed to them.

In the meantime, as part of the deal, the Chamyans have agreed to pay the trust holding income equivalent to a gross yield of 8% on its half share of the value of any undeveloped land, until it is developed and tenanted.

This arrangement would continue indefinitely and Evans said no deadline had been set on completing the estate, but he hoped it would be finished within seven years.

All development costs would be capitalised for each property within the estate.

quote:Originally posted by rmbbrave

Caesius,

I'm curious to know what the big "spike" back in Feb-&gt;Mar-&gt;Apr this year was?

It was an aborted takeover (by ING I think)
    The zing has totally gone for shareholders in Calan Healthcare Property Trust, which was set up to own hospitals and related facilities and lease them to medical people. Calan's share price has gone nowhere after hopes of a takeover – at up to $1.55 according to an independent valuation – were dashed by some slick footwork. To almost universal surprise, property group ING, which had offered $1.21 a share, suddenly withdrew the offer. They instead paid between $7 million and $20 million for its lucrative management contract. This gave them effective control, largely removing any takeover premium.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...2a1865,00.html

ANZO rides high on property demand
    04 August 2006
    By ADRIAN BATHGATE

AMP New Zealand Office Trust has clocked up the best result in its nine-year history as it reaps the rewards of massive demand for prime commercial property.

Executive manager Robert Lang said the $36 million net profit for the year to June and $126 million in portfolio growth represented its best all-round performance since listing in 1997.

"We've had strong performances everywhere, from valuation, investment projects, acquisitions, leasing and rent reviews."

He is now looking for that profit growth to be maintained as just over half of ANZO's assets will be up for rent review in the next two years.

Mr Lang said the net profit growth of 4.4 per cent and dividend growth of 2.25 per cent is "a good minimum return profile that we think is capable of being delivered in the future".

ABN Amro analyst Mark Lister said the under-renting in the portfolio was a "key positive". "It will underpin dividend growth over the next couple of years as they go through the rent review process."

Mr Lang said it was "critical" that future returns had been "de-risked" thanks to a low number of leases expiring, a lot of rent reviews, and well-hedged interest rates.

ANZO's portfolio of a dozen properties concentrates on prime office space in Wellington and Auckland, and its last revaluation pushed it over the $1 billion mark in assets. Net assets per share grew 21 per cent to $1.21.

It has just completed the $33 million development on No 1 The Terrace and is now looking for its next project. It has at least $150 million it could spend on either buying or developing property.

The growth in its portfolio value has seen the debt to asset ratio drop to 30 per cent

In the last 3 years the SP has gone from 0.80 to 1.14 - about 10% a year.