sharetrader
Page 63 of 201 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    PWC building looks to be on a bit of a lean from my house....
    Has anyone had a closer inspection yet?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whirly View Post
    Has anyone had a closer inspection yet?
    It has been cleared by the engineers and staff who work in it have been told they can go in. If you know anyone who works there, ask them to do the 'golf ball test'.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Haha golf ball test! My house sank and broke in half during the Inangahua earthquake and being solid concrete has never been repaired we have a 6" fall in the kitchen which has caught a few out after a a couple of drinks. Some of the broken houses in Christchurch look pretty habitable put next to much of the accommodation here in Greymouth.

No disrespect meant to any who have lost their homes.

GMT DRP fully underwritten by Craigs.. Reason-capital management!! Very clever and cheeky. Announced few weeks after AGM!! I don't remember reading this in their report.

A lot of volatility in the GMT sp this week. Up to 98, now down to 93. Why? Possibly related to going ex div this week. I can't think of any other reason. A bargain @ 93, I reckon.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lawso View Post
    A lot of volatility in the GMT sp this week. Up to 98, now down to 93. Why? Possibly related to going ex div this week. I can't think of any other reason. A bargain @ 93, I reckon.
    Aren't all LPTs other than PFI ?

fungus pudding; you are the guru on LPTs. I have started to add to portfolio. When I sell rentals any equity will go into these. Do yo see more downside or is this as bad as they get??

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    fungus pudding; you are the guru on LPTs. I have started to add to portfolio. When I sell rentals any equity will go into these. Do yo see more downside or is this as bad as they get??
    Nobody knows that unfortunately. I have a few and they certainly provide good income, particularly for a 33% tax payer. So they should rise rather than fall. But I'm not a guru on LPTs. Property is my game - not the share market which behaves very very differently. I bought in because of the huge % above buying another building. e.g. for 500k I have gained equivalent of 56000 income which I could not have obtained from a 500k building. Mind you I'm at the stage where I no longer borrow or want to borrow to gear up - been through all that - so it's horses for courses, and it's easy to pick up 50,000 worth at a time. . I don't sell things - so if they fall it just means some beneficiary down the line will be smiling a bit less Not everybody is in that situation. But to repeat, I don't know anything about shares. I have never ever met a share investor - they all seem to be traders. To a commercial real estate investor 20 years is a short term investment. It's a long long time to a residential investor and seems unheard of in the NZ share market.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 16-09-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Typo

ING making their move... very good news I feel.

ASSET: ING: ING Property Trust purchases freehold title at Albany
    ING Property Trust Management Limited (the Manager), the manager of ING Property Trust (the Trust), today announced that the Trust has successfully acquired the freehold title for Albany E Block land. The freehold title for the 4.77 hectare block was purchased from Albany City Development Corporation with the purchase price currently confidential between the parties. The block currently comprises the Homemakers Centre development, anchored by Mitre 10 Mega, and 2.76 hectares of undeveloped land. "Both parties are happy with the outcome of the transaction and the acquisition of the freehold title is a very positive step for the Trust. With the Trust combining the freehold and leasehold interests we gain complete control of the site, removing all of the risk associated with leasehold exposure," said Peter Mence, General Manager of the Manager. Mr Mence also added that some earthworks have previously been undertaken on the undeveloped portion of land, in readiness for future building work when economic conditions are favourable. Settlement of the acquisition will be on 27 September 2010. ENDS

VHP raising capital for acquisition of Australian Hospitals and Health services-1 for 1 renounce able rights issue for $1.05. I will be taking part. What do the other posters think? Anyone own this little performer? One of the most boring stocks in my portfolio, but 32% up since the purchase in 2008(DRP has been good with this one).