sharetrader
Page 90 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Giday...re Recent fall in some LPT...partiicuarilly PFI...I would appreciate if someone could explain why the entity DNZ...managed by Stride...? who I have never heard of till yesterday..has so much ..seemingly ...attraction...to attract investors...away from (arguably the best performing LPT over the past 18 years).....given the lambasting...even ridiculing ...of this new entity..by a respected commentator T Hunter.....just saying troy
    Have a look at thread, Investore IPO. DNZ was the former name of Stride. Stride have managed only their own properties until now, but will take on management of the new company, Investore, which will give stride an extra revenue stream for minimal cost.
    Stride shares have taken a leap in the last week while ARG, PFI , PCT, KPG, GMT have fallen.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 18-06-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Troy - The reason is that investors are selling other LPTs to be able to participate in Investore IPO (or even to buy Strides - who are the real benefactor from this transaction). It is very interesting to note that a small amount of selling (from speculators - sorry that is my assumption) can dictate the share price swings at least in the short term.

Guru

Could be a cheap entry into PFI on Monday. All the buyers taken out at the end of trading.

Guru

Prices a bit down lately with interest rates starting to climb, but some good news:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/prop...property-firms

Earthquake fears for foreign investors also a factor

Argosy Property Ltd and Goodman Property Trust
    My wife has recently inherited the above shares from her fathers estate. Her financial adviser is telling her to sell as part of a massive reorganisation of the portfolio to allow for more global exposure. (I may post about the other proposed changes in a separate post) I cannot see any need to sell either share but does anyone have an opinion or advice? Cheers

Advisors all tell you to diversify overseas BUT you generally dont get the same info as for NZ and you have to watch double taxation. I have made money in NZ over the years and never done as well overseas . Both of the shares are good property cos and I would keep them . The father seems to have done Ok and I would be very wary of any adviser. Look at the fee structures.

percy

The outlook for NZ economy is very good.We have had stable governments under Helen Clark and John Key,and this should continue under Bill English..
    NZ companies pay high dividends which carry imputation credits.
    Your wife's father appears to have been of sound mind.
    I would stick with his portfolio,and get your wife to change to his advisor..

Great advice,percy

Quote Originally Posted by herbert240 View Post
    Argosy Property Ltd and Goodman Property Trust
    My wife has recently inherited the above shares from her fathers estate. Her financial adviser is telling her to sell as part of a massive reorganisation of the portfolio to allow for more global exposure. (I may post about the other proposed changes in a separate post) I cannot see any need to sell either share but does anyone have an opinion or advice? Cheers
    Seems you'd have to consider your overall position.... If you have all of your capital invested in NZ you'll only do as well as the NZ economy, however an allocation to overseas assets could lower portfolio volatility, which MIGHT lead to higher risk-adjusted returns.

Assuming you also live and work in NZ you'll already have an inherent exposure to this part of the world.... I guess it might be handy to have assets which move independently from your home market (since local investments might annoyingly reduce in value just when you really, really need to access them!).

Just some thoughts (AKA playing devils advocate )