sharetrader
Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173
Results 1,721 to 1,723 of 1723
    Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumice View Post
    Worst trading moment ever! buy USD/JPY at 80.115.................... minutes later..... 76.097

At least the NZD is falling fairly steadily
    14 Minute Trade

Entries from Toulouse' Trading Diary ...

Market entry on NZDUSD

• 22 Feb 2011:
    • Spent from 11.20AM to 1.19PM watching the MarketMaker charts deciding whether to bid on NZDUSD or AUDUSD
    • Selected NZD as stronger overnight performer and from TWP, DailyFX and SMH Business Day information.
    • Decided the enter on weakness ...
    • A few minutes later both stronger
    • Fall from 7626 to 7576 in 10 – 20 minutes 50 pips
    • What will happen next?
    • Entry Strategy: Decided to enter at market (7568) as previous experience of Limit buys was missing out on a rising market and spending time and energy waiting to get in later
    • Initial target and stop loss was 20 pips
    • My entry was in response to a sudden drop of NZDUSD, I did not know the reason and assumed it was just market variations
    • Before I had completed entering my OCO sell orders Mxxxxxx rang and advised me that there had been an earthquake in Christchurch of 6.2
    • Potential downside right on the entry ...
    • NZ Herald website: The Christchurch police central police station has been evacuated and there are reports of collapses of many buildings, including a church in the central city.
    • TV3 footage showed damage to the city's iconic cathedral in the square. Radio New Zealand said there had been reports of injuries
    • The quake was at 12.53PM
    • I saw the chance to enter, I didn’t know about the quake until after the entry was made
    • I was in the trade at 1.28PM
    • I was sold out at the stop at 1.42PM while I was talking on the phone with Dxxxxx who rang from Melbourne
    • In the trade 14 minutes
    • GeoNet Reference Number: 3468575
    • NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 12:51 pm
    • Magnitude: 6.3
    • Depth: 5 km
    • Details: 10 km south-east of Christchurch
    • My exit was 7548 the low was 7541
    • The trade was never in profit
    • Stand aside on NZD trades until next week at least
    • There has been a recovery
    • I entered at 75688
    • I exited at 75488
    • Low was 7541
    • The current price is 75584
    • Jxxxxx, Axxxx, and Sxxxx came around ...
    • After they went noted that NZDUSD down 12 pips from 2.03PM to 2.36PM
    • The 5 minute bar I exited on was the lowest price for the day ...
    • Note RBNZ Governor due to deliver inflation expectations at 3.00PM
    • Post Trade Review:
    • From a timing point of view entered without certainty as to what caused the drop in price.
    • From previous experience it is hard to find reasons for sudden price drops beyond market variations on the web...
    • During live trades run the risk of knocking out MarketMaker while searching the web ...
    • This was a successful trade as the trade was flawlessly executed to the strategy even though the outcome was a loss.
    • Continuing to make lower Lows (30m Chart)
    • 16 pips below my exit
    • Quake hit NZX50 as well
    • Down 20 points
    • Good Outcome
    • Executed the strategy...
    • Minimised the loss (:-)

• Continues to fall ...
    • I exited at 7548
    • NZDUSD fell again to 7464/67
    • On the 4 hour lower Bollinger band
    • BNZ Daily Newsletter
    • The immediate market impact of the quake saw the NZD/USD fall ¾ cent to around 0.7560
    • Yesterday afternoon and overnight, the NZD extended its losses as the news from Christchurch continued to worsen. Heavy NZD/USD and NZD cross selling from a mix of momentum and short-term speculative accounts saw a further ¾ cent knocked off the NZD/USD and widespread weakness amongst the NZD cross rates.
    • The NZD/AUD finished the night around 0.7500, from above 0.7570 before the quake. NZD/EUR and NZD/GBP both shed over ½ cent.
    • Initial support for NZD/USD will be found at the overnight low of 0.7440, while near-term resistance will be encountered on any bounces towards 0.7550.
    Last edited by Toulouse - Luzern; 22-03-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: remove duplication

Quote Originally Posted by Pumice View Post
    Hi Peat, you might actually be able to help me here.
    How do i go about getting a certificate that satisfies the following clauses
    Or does anyone else have any advice.

Hi Lance,

In order for an "experienced" investor to invest in Aquaflow, the Securities Act requires that the investor:

(a) get a certificate from an independent financial service provider certifying that the provider is satisfied on reasonable grounds that you, as a result of having "experience" in investing money, or experience in the industry in which Aquaflow operates, are able to assess—
    (i) the merits of the offer; and
    (ii) the value of the security; and
    (iii) the risks involved in accepting the offer; and
    (iv) your own information needs; and
    (v) the adequacy of the information given by Aquaflow; and

(b) the financial service provider gives you, before the shares are allotted to you, a written statement of the financial service provider's reasons for being satisfied as to those matters; and

(c) you sign a written acknowledgment, before the shares are allotted to you, that—
    • the financial service provider has given you neither an investment statement nor a registered prospectus relating to the shares (as these are not required if you are "experienced"); and
    • you understand that you will not receive information usually provided by an issuer in respect of an offer of securities to the public including (in particular) an investment statement and a registered prospectus (once again, as these are not required if you are "experienced").

Once you have this certificate, we can quickly arrange for a share suscription agreement, and for you to send funds to our account. Shares can then be issued. Please ensure your financial adviser adheres to the requirements of the certificate set out in this email. If your adviser wants to look at the Securities Act themselves, you can direct them to section 5(2CE).

The shares will be issued at AUD$0.15 per share. We will exchange to NZD$ on the day funds are to be sent, so we will know exactly how many NZD$ you need to send. We will liaise furter on this once you are ready.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Rebecca
    Has anyone out there in Sharetrader land invested in Aquaflow? or know much about them? seems like a good idea to me, but is quite hard to find information on these guys.

tweet of the day from LaMonicaBuzz Paul La Monica

If Fed had sense of humor, it would fly Bernanke into Jackson Hole on helicopter and parachute him onto stage with a trillion in $100 bills.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....