sharetrader
Page 105 of 173 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1723

Change the order type from market to OCO and then set the two prices

or I think you can set a linked order from your current positions window - I'm not at home right now so cant check it.

one limitation I've noticed tho compared to Oanda is that if you set a limit order (to start a new trade) you can then only set either a stop loss OR a take profit as a dependent order.

MarketMaker as a trading platform is quite ugly and less intuititive than Oanda (fxgame) I've made mistakes due to this eg leaving an OCO order alive after manually closing the trade the OCO was related to - whereas in Oanda it is so much easier to link stops and targets with the original order and when the trade is closed the stop and target orders are closed automatically.
    But it does work.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Thanks Peat - I'll check that out.

Agree with you - the CMC platform is pretty ugly, and very severe on computer power.
    Running CMC and Oanda together certainly slows the performance way down.

Oandas Trade platform and Game appear the same. I often have both running for comparison and they vary slightly on price and movement occasionally, but the difference is miniscule.

I'm reasonably happy with Oanda, but not so keen on the fact that account moneys are not segregated.

rgds - arco

Quiet Observer

Couldn't agree more.

I trialled CMC the marketmaker platform and found it quite frustrating. Not very intuitive. Power hungry and hence not so nimble. Perhaps I was a bit slow but also some functions required going through various menus to get to as well.
    One thing I did like about it was the "one stop shop" factor: CFDs, Forex, Metals etc
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

FTG

Who are you trading through presently - PM me if you prefer.

Thanks - arco

morning arco , just going back to my homework. which Larry Pesavento book do you recommend.

thanks

DA

Pesavento and Hobbs would interest you, however for exceptional value and content I recommend Dynamic Trading: Dynamic Concepts In Time, Price and Pattern Analysis With Practical Strategies For Traders and Investors - Robert Miner - available from Amazon $50 s/h.

IMO this would be a great addition to your Carney books, and perhaps the only one you will need to bring all the harmonic concepts into a trading scenario. (*Miner does not mention BFs, Gartleys, but you will visualise them in the charts and the Fib info is relevant and priceless).

Check it on Amazon, and forget the odd 1 star review its definately a 5 star. Heres one review that sums it up nicely.

This is a huge binder-sized book, packed with so much information it's a bit daunting at first. But it's worth the work, as it is one of the best books around for people who want to learn the art and science of trading in a disciplined fashion. Miner focuses his teachings on ideas developed by Gann and Elliot having to do with dynamic ratios and patterns in financial markets. Thus there is a lot here about Elliot wave analysis and Fibonacci ratios. However, he tempers these academic theories with a heavy dose of common sense practicality, which makes them much more usable for traders. The book begins with chapters on analyzing chart patterns using Elliot wave principles, dynamic price analysis, and dynamic time analysis. The remaining chapters focus on how to use this information in everyday trading. In reading these final chapters I realized areas in my own trading that could use improvement-compared to Miner's rigorous method, mine has been a bit sloppy.

Robert Miner is not only an expert in his field, he is also obviously an experienced teacher who knows how to present information in the proper steps for maximum learning. He has a very interesting mind-he's one of those rare people who has a metaphysician's visionary propensities coupled with a very down-to-earth common sense and dry wit. Thus the book, though at times difficult, is never dry or pedestrian.

This is in my opinion the traders bible

rgds - arco

this is a pattern i have been studying , it can look as though this is failed bat retracement

exceeding stop at x point however if b point is a shallow 382 or less then this pattern can

complete at 886 xa (conventional bat) but over run x point and reverse at 113 xa .

ive got more info if anyones interested

i see in your posts arco you warn of possibility of gartley morphing into a butterfly

i assumed you meant a cd leg extension ie 786 runs too a 127 and accept imperfection of b point retracement

however i see that the d point completion on a gartley could be the b point of a butterfly and still traded successfully , so i am curious to see which you watch for

DA

Your quote ..........ive got more info if anyones interested.

Always interested in tales from the butterfly house, bats cave, or crabs hollow.

Gartleys.
    These can potentially be traded at least into the first fib retracement area, but as I have mentioned and as you have spotted, caution is needed just in case they reverse and continue onward to form a BF or similar.

rgds - arco

morning arcmeister , im picking all my info from carneys volume 2 , so hopefully you got it in the post