sharetrader
Page 66 of 116 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Outside thinking.

Wowee.... getting a tab excited (and I need the distraction from the ATM thread!!)

20% up for the day. Nice, congrats to holders.

I like it when someone is in a rush to get in - puts a sense of urgency into the frame. Ears are on forward alert, listening for leaks

Well bugger me, that made me sit up....over 3 years since we were in that territory!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I like it when someone is in a rush to get in - puts a sense of urgency into the frame. Ears are on forward alert, listening for leaks
    pssssssssssssssssssst.
    Listening to the trees, I suspect it is Ent Fangorn [Treebeard]....

Have to say I am struggling a bit with the financial statements. Why are cash payments from customers in the cashflow statements so much higher than revenue? The current numbers don't inspire much confidence ....

disc: very small holding, thinking about adding

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Have to say I am struggling a bit with the financial statements. Why are cash payments from customers in the cashflow statements so much higher than revenue? The current numbers don't inspire much confidence ....

disc: very small holding, thinking about adding
    Suggest you do plenty more research before you put more money in as RBC has gone through massive changes in every aspect in the last 2 years.

Going through the historical financials is not useful imo.

Basically, it is now Aborgen.

If you think Aborgen has potential - you buy the stock as it is trading below NAB.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Suggest you do plenty more research before you put more money in as RBC has gone through massive changes in every aspect in the last 2 years.

If you think Aborgen has potential - you buy the stock as it is trading below NAB.
    Good points Balance. I went to the latest AGM as a newby (was with a friend) and was interested in the story. I was browsing through the Annual Report and raising all sorts of question mark. My friend then said, forget about that, all that info is pretty much redundant. All that is left is Aborgen. That made a lot more sense. The jury is out now on whether Aborgen will deliver. We should get an update pretty soon when the YE is released.

Dilettante

Hopefully they will formally become one, with the Arborgen name. May give a fresh start in investors mind

Long Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Article here regarding Arbogen partnering up with the sOUTH Carolina forestry commision

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ission-Operate

hadn't seen this posted, looks like favourable terms, and a fairly cheap lease for 345acres:

https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...479281778.html

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Yes, I will do my homework, of course. I agree it is interesting, and probably mis-valued. I like a good story, especially when it involves historical negative emotion, and potential turnaround. The plot looks good but how the story ends depends on the numbers. The numbers are in the financials and the only known financials are historical.

Discl: small holding, looking to add
    Last edited by Biscuit; 18-05-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: add discl