sharetrader
Page 74 of 116 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Just checked the market price and cap on both RBC and PEB. They are almost identical. Spooky.
    One has been on the way up and the other on the way down.

The share overhang in one stock has been taken out while there are several potential big stock holders creating overhang in the other.

One has turned EBITDA positive while the other is still bleeding cash.

Etc

Etc

Etc.

No guesses which one I am in and which one has given performance in recent years.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    One has been on the way up and the other on the way down.

The share overhang in one stock has been taken out while there are several potential big stock holders creating overhang in the other.

One has turned EBITDA positive while the other is still bleeding cash.

Etc

Etc

Etc.

No guesses which one I am in and which one has given performance in recent years.
    Not disagreeing Balance, just noticing. I am in RBC too and would wager that the divergence between the two companies continues. Did not really like the update today, but have committed to an 18 month trajectory and after FY19 will make up my mind whether to go balls deep or exit.

Why not throw MGL into the mix. An equally invalid comparison. Other than it to is trading at $0.24

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    From todays presentation

“The productivity revolution in agriculture will be repeated in forestry... the agriculture ‘winner’ was the First-Mover” likening Rubicon with Monsanto. Brave thought leading paradigm shifting words

Apparently “ArborGen is well positioned” – those are words we like to hear!

Current share price = $0.25. Annual report Book value = $0.43. Mid case value $0.98.

Another presentation, which is a bit of a mess like the Annual Report. But likely worth spending the time and going through the detail. Its quite interesting!
    The critical thing is that RBC is making presentations which means management are now very confident about the story and has a story to tell.

Also, with the huge overhang safely in the hands of longer term shareholders, just needs one or several institutions to get interested and this stock will fly.

Shaping up to be a re-run of Tenon - with more upside.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Not so subtle HC downramp there "winner"

By golly gosh, they do need to work on a reader freindly communiqué. I'm a sucker for pretty pictures and that was just hard work...

Supply constraints need to be sorted asap. Selling all you can produce is great!... unless current production is only seeing you break even....

50mil current Eucalyptus sales in a potential 600-900mil market within Brazil. 'Well positioned'! Sounds like Eucalyptus varieties currently sold in Brazil are all under license and not Arborgens own?
    Projecting Brazil Loblolly market to near double in size, with current market share only 11%. Should see some decent growth here. A 30% market share would see it quadruple+ current sales

Still baffles me why the world doesn't embrace GE. Look at those beautiful big circles all huddled together on slide 6! It will happen sooner than later is my guess. Head can only stay in sand for so long before breathing gets difficult.

I'm a believer. In it for the long haul under current assumptions.

Advanced Member

Basically the summary on the last page and page 14 are all that is needed, rest is just pretty pictures.

Dilettante

Agree ratkin the summary really has it all in understandable format. Yet again a fairly hard report to read. But the important parts are that we now have a positive EBIDTA and cashflow which should significantly increase quite quickly. We have a ready to use world leading technology in an industry with large opportunity where we have a fisrt mover advantage. We have no known global competitiors and none are likely to be established quickly.
    But on the negative we have capacity constrains for the next 2 years and a complicated company structure with a history of failures and negative sentiment. I believe these are behind us but the market doesn´t, yet.
    I am concerned about political and economical uncertainties in Brasil so hope major focus will be on the US, despite an unstable President :-) I wonder if any of his new tariffs are on imported lumber !

The Board need to quickly eliminate all double up of overhead costs as well as drive faster growth. That´s what the market wants to see, not pages after pages of examples of why they think the SP is too low. We got that. Now get on with doing what´s needed to lift the SP, more sales and more profit.
    Last edited by iceman; 20-06-2018 at 07:17 PM.

IMO

How long has this been going on(think thats a song), promises made and reprised, just little bit longer dear. Rubicon like tenon was ,is more like a cross between Dads army and a dating site addiction isntit? Chartwise it looks like the climax was in 2011 and the addiction of holding is to find a way back to those pleasurable heights continually promised but so far never delivered. Im not biased, im into trees.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Agree ratkin the summary really has it all in understandable format. Yet again a fairly hard report to read. But the important parts are that we now have a positive EBIDTA and cashflow which should significantly increase quite quickly. We have a ready to use world leading technology in an industry with large opportunity where we have a fisrt mover advantage. We have no known global competitiors and none are likely to be established quickly.
    But on the negative we have capacity constrains for the next 2 years and a complicated company structure with a history of failures and negative sentiment. I believe these are behind us but the market doesn´t, yet.
    I am concerned about political and economical uncertainties in Brasil so hope major focus will be on the US, despite an unstable President :-) I wonder if any of his new tariffs are on imported lumber !

The Board need to quickly eliminate all double up of overhead costs as well as drive faster growth. That´s what the market wants to see, not pages after pages of examples of why they think the SP is too low. We got that. Now get on with doing what´s needed to lift the SP, more sales and more profit.
    Yes, missed to read the preso y'day due to other commitments and being away from computer. With this announcement i'm picking the sp to move into 30c range over next few months.