sharetrader
Page 110 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1151

Thread: Rubicon

Is there any truly independent assessment or review on the "worth" of Arbogens database and IP? Even "audits" are not really independent as we have seen in many other cases.

The value of IP is like any other "goodwill" - and can be very fickle - and just remember that Bayer thought as well that Monsanto is a great company with highly valuable IP before they bought them. They didn't see that the value of compensation claims will soon exceed the value of any questionable IP.

The purchase of this IP rich company destroyed (depending on how you value other independent factors) between 50 and 100 Billion Euro of Bayers shareholder capital. It might still kill them.

But yes - Arbogen is not Monsanto ... and Rubicon is not Bayer, but an empty shell of a company with a long history of destroying shareholder capital, run by a board with as it appears quite expensive "lifestyle" directors.

No matter how good the "story" of Arbogen might be - if the board and management fees (including golden handshakes et al) exceed the returns and the management has not even a proven track record of delivering shareholder returns, than one needs to be a true believer to stick around with them.

Clearly - not my cup of tea.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Last edited by minimoke; 02-07-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to censorship by STMOD

Bob over on the PEB thread pointed out that PEB has been going for over 20 years and still trying to convince the world that they have something special

I think Arborgen has been going longer ....hmmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bob over on the PEB thread pointed out that PEB has been going for over 20 years and still trying to convince the world that they have something special

I think Arborgen has been going longer ....hmmm
    The trouble with trees is they take a long time to grow...

Can anybody enlighten me as to what constraints are on the MCP varieties? I half listened to the topic as I was busy internally mocking the directors efforts of conducting a business like AGM. They briefly touched on constraints that were lifting. Something like current year 65%, then 85% following then no constraints the year after. Did anyone attend last years meeting that can remember what it related to. My research into what that might have been has come up blank

Strange things are afoot at the circle 'K'
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 29-05-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    The trouble with trees is they take a long time to grow...
    Perhaps they should be looking at Paulownia.....fastest growing tree in the world. http://www.nzwood.co.nz/forestry-2/paulownia/

Guru

Full Year is out

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...230/300795.pdf

Loss of $4.3m but that is behind us now.

Outside thinking.

Sneaking out their result at end of business is not a good look.

Indeed the report is not a good look IMHO (they seem to be paid by the word!.) GLH.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Perhaps they should be looking at Paulownia.....fastest growing tree in the world. http://www.nzwood.co.nz/forestry-2/paulownia/
    There was an attempt to establish paulownia plantations in NZ a few decades ago. The timber sells for very high prices in China (used to anyway, I have not checked for current). However, the strain of paulownia planted was different from what is favoured in China and did not have a market and so the whole exercise was a flop.
    We used to have a mature tree in our backyard until it got blown down. It has attractive purple flowers and very large leaves and is quite decorative. A plantation must look quite special in the flowering season.