sharetrader
Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Yes, missed to read the preso y'day due to other commitments and being away from computer. With this announcement i'm picking the sp to move into 30c range over next few months.
    Not that many stocks in the market which has the potential to put on 200% in the next 3 to 5 years.

RBC is a good story now that a lot of the legacy issues have been sorted out.

1 miserly trade today and we see a 5.4% drop in price. Time for a price enquiry NZX - especially given its on $190 worth of trade

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    How long has this been going on(think thats a song), promises made and reprised, just little bit longer dear. Rubicon like tenon was ,is more like a cross between Dads army and a dating site addiction isntit? Chartwise it looks like the climax was in 2011 and the addiction of holding is to find a way back to those pleasurable heights continually promised but so far never delivered. Im not biased, im into trees.
    Hi Joshua,
    I agree that the history has been pathetic. Nevertheless. I think that RBC is now a different company. Tenon is no longer in the picture (not that it was bad going forward) but what is more significant is that RBC now owns Arborgen 100% without restrictions from less interested industry shareholders. The latest presentation shows the potential of Arborgen and we now have some significant shareholders from the NZ institutional arena.
    RBC is now Arborgen. Arborgen deals in markets with longer timeframes (ie the growth of trees). Apart from that, it has to sell its advantages over the other suppliers of seedlings. The controlled genetics story is compelling but the market gain for foresters takes time. Arborgen/RBC has to educate and convince foresters that its genetic base really does deliver increased production and profits to foresters.
    I think there is good potential for RBC going forward but that it will take a bit more time for that to be expressed in the investment statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Hi Joshua,
    I agree that the history has been pathetic. Nevertheless. I think that RBC is now a different company. Tenon is no longer in the picture (not that it was bad going forward) but what is more significant is that RBC now owns Arborgen 100% without restrictions from less interested industry shareholders. The latest presentation shows the potential of Arborgen and we now have some significant shareholders from the NZ institutional arena.
    RBC is now Arborgen. Arborgen deals in markets with longer timeframes (ie the growth of trees). Apart from that, it has to sell its advantages over the other suppliers of seedlings. The controlled genetics story is compelling but the market gain for foresters takes time. Arborgen/RBC has to educate and convince foresters that its genetic base really does deliver increased production and profits to foresters.
    I think there is good potential for RBC going forward but that it will take a bit more time for that to be expressed in the investment statistics.
    Timing is everything in investment as well as time in investing.

A year ago, anyone could have bought as many RBC shares at 19c as they wanted - and everybody knew who and why the selling was relentless and in huge volumes.

Those who bought have made 42% gain - enough to shout from the roof top.

Now, the share price can be seen to be reacting to any good news or presentations by the company. An excellent sign that the stock is attracting real interest.

So, like Tenon, it's a matter now of riding the share up as more in the market feel the need to get a few stock in a market increasingly hard to find bargains.

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Firewall.

Please gives us the gist of what they are saying.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Firewall.

Please gives us the gist of what they are saying.
    Talking about suitors for PGG Wrightson. Not really much applicable to Rubicon other than the seed division may get sold separately depending on who's in the running

Investor

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/320079

To all the enthusiasts of Rubicon/ArborGen please read through Chairman's letter on the enclosed Annual Report with particular emphasis on Note 15 to annual accounts. Lots of numbers and transaction details to digest through, take your time and DYOR.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/320079

To all the enthusiasts of Rubicon/ArborGen please read through Chairman's letter on the enclosed Annual Report with particular emphasis on Note 15 to annual accounts. Lots of numbers and transaction details to digest through, take your time and DYOR.
    Discussion on this started a page or two back

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Hi Joshua,
    Thanks for that and good luck , like your objectiveness which im lacking here and the story may have changed. However when ever i see the word potential now the hoary old cynic in me says beware , take care and tread slowly so i miss some opps and save myself from others.cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks for that and good luck , like your objectiveness which im lacking here and the story may have changed. However when ever i see the word potential now the hoary old cynic in me says beware , take care and tread slowly so i miss some opps and save myself from others.cheers
    I get interested when I read "potential" "IP" and "only people in the world who......