sharetrader
Page 82 of 116 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wonder who you guys will ‘blame’ when Arborgen fails to live up to its lofty expectations.
    Dont you mean "if" rather than "when"?

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    agreed, very happy with my entry point and feel RBC is a pretty decent long term hold.
    I remember saying that in '87...just put them in the bottom drawer....the companies faded into oblivion. I've been holding RBC 14+ years!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Dont you mean "if" rather than "when"?
    I'm still slightly concerned with Moriaty's comment to me at the AGM when I mentioned David Darling, that he said that DD was a former student of his...

But still holding my investment in the "new RBC" at 23.

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    I remember saying that in '87...just put them in the bottom drawer....the companies faded into oblivion. I've been holding RBC 14+ years!
    Gee - I am not sure whether one should laugh or cry!

I lost big on Fletcher Forest but more than made up with Fletcher Paper and Fletcher Energy. Only got into RBC after Making good money out of Tenon.

percy

It's different this time...!!!.....lol.

Well the quickest way to administration is carrying large debt and no cash flow.
    RBC have no debt, and increasing cashflow,and now a proven business model.
    More like 1991 than 1987.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Gee - I am not sure whether one should laugh or cry!

I lost big on Fletcher Forest but more than made up with Fletcher Paper and Fletcher Energy. Only got into RBC after Making good money out of Tenon.
    Yeah it all about timing. Did great out of Tenon a few years back, no reason why can’t do well from Rubicon too. In at 19cents so do not share Gaynors pessimism
    Last edited by ratkin; 21-08-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Forgot about Fletcher Energy....$90k windfall for me and I really thought Capstone Energy was the next best thing......

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Forgot about Fletcher Energy....$90k windfall for me and I really thought Capstone Energy was the next best thing......
    Nice!

Capstone was why GPG went for RBC as well from memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Nice!

Capstone was why GPG went for RBC as well from memory?
    Also from memory, but I recall Moriarty sold RBC out of Capstone quite early on for a good price, and the Capstone price collapsed not long after.

Ongoing clearing of the decks continues

21 August 2018 – Rubicon’s Chairman, Dave Knott, announced the appointment of Paul Smart to the Rubicon Board as an Independent Director under the NZX Listing Rules.

Mr Knott said “Paul is New Zealand based, with a broad background in growth companies in both the public and private markets, and extensive experience in all aspects of finance across a wide range of industries. He has operated at both senior management and non-executive board levels throughout his career, with a focus on growing successful companies in the broad technology and energy fields.

His prior management positions have included CFO of Meridian Energy and CFO of Sky Television. He has previously held non-executive Director and/or Chairman roles in Arc Innovations, NZPM Group, and Southern Hydro (Melbourne) amongst others, and he is currently a non-executive Director of Solarcity, InterCity Holdings, Mercer Group, Argus Group and Geo40. He is a chartered accountant by background, and a member of the NZ Institute of Directors. We are pleased to have Paul join the Board at this exciting time of the Company’s life, and we believe he will add considerable value to our decision-making as we move forward.”

Separately, Mr Knott said that Rubicon had recently undertaken a competitive tender process in connection with the supply of audit services to the company, and that as a result of the assessment of proposals, the Board has selected Deloitte to provide audit services to the company in the future. KPMG has resigned as the company’s auditor with effect from today, and the Board has formally appointed Deloitte as the Company’s new auditor. Deloitte will perform the audit of the FY’19 Rubicon financial statements. “The Board would like to thank KPMG for their commitment and service, which has been provided to the Company since Rubicon’s inception” he said.