sharetrader
Page 80 of 116 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm not sure this is good news. "14 August 2018 – Rubicon announced today that Luke Moriarty, the Company’s CEO (and oneof its Directors), and Company Secretary/CFO Mark Taylor, have given notice of their intentionto finish their roles with the Company". Unless it is a cleaning of the decks and getting ready to sell Arborogen.
    Rationalisation of the number of staff required, in anticipation of an amalgamation I hope, to rid us completely of the duplication we currently have. I see it as an extreme positive, CEO and CFO will see (or have been shown) that their work over the past year or so is now done and dusted, so time to move on

There is one other Director who needs to step down, and he knows who he is
    Last edited by Xerof; 14-08-2018 at 09:53 AM.

I'm not sure this is good news. "14 August 2018 – Rubicon announced today that Luke Moriarty, the Company’s CEO (and oneof its Directors), and Company Secretary/CFO Mark Taylor, have given notice of their intentionto finish their roles with the Company". Unless it is a cleaning of the decks and getting ready to sell Arborogen.
    NBR & Tim Hunter will be breaking out the champagne and rejoicing for two anyway.

Luke has had a great life courtesy of Fletcher, Tenon & Rubicon.

Long Member

I see it as very positive too. Trim back the layers of management/cost.

Good news this - as Xerof says 'only one Director to go now" and a lot of the negative historic NZ sentiment to Rubicon will disappear. Hopefully the market will move past only seeing old ex Fletchers personalities with all the baggage/mistrust that brings, and begin to look at the Arborgen strategy/position and see the potential here. A long overdue uplift in value won't be far around the corner - the fundamentals scream out for it.

Much as I’d like to be, I’m not yet convinced this is a good announcement.
    It will depends on who and what follows.
    Hopefully this is part of the process of realising value and Rubicon becoming ArborGen.
    I just hope the current CEO and CFO of ArborGen (in the US) have small shareholder’s interests in mind.
    Luke Moriarty has persevered with RBC over many years.
    The Tenon wind up was as good as could be expected,capital raising has been managed with as little dilution as possible over the years and ArborGen was purchased at a very good price.
    Moriarty and Taylor have considerable skin in the game. I hope that doesn’t change.
    I would like to think this is the start of a paradigm shift for RBC and that Moriarty and Co are finally playing the lucrative (for shareholders and hence themselves), end game.
    Last edited by biker; 14-08-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    I see it as very positive too. Trim back the layers of management/cost.
    Agree this is positive and a clear indication that they want things to start happening with respect to realising the full value of Arborgen. Interesting times.. Probably one of the most undervalued shares on the NZX and the lowering NZD is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post

Moriarty and Taylor have considerable skin in the game. I hope that doesn’t change.
    So maybe we can expect a discounted sell off - like PPH.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Much as I’d like to be, I’m not yet convinced this is a good announcement.
    It will depends on who and what follows.
    Hopefully this is part of the process of realising value and Rubicon becoming ArborGen.
    I just hope the current CEO and CFO of ArborGen (in the US) have small shareholder’s interests in mind.
    Luke Moriarty has persevered with RBC over many years.
    The Tenon wind up was as good as could be expected,capital raising has been managed with as little dilution as possible over the years and ArborGen was purchased at a very good price.
    I would like to think this is the start of a paradigm shift for RBC and that Moriarty and Co are finally playing the lucrative (for shareholders and hence themselves), end game.
    I've read all the comments but I can't get the words 'ulterior motive' out of my head!

So maybe we can expect a discounted sell off - like PPH.
    I very much doubt that. Moriarty and Taylor more than anyone, know the real value of RBC and I have no doubt it is substantially more than 28-30c a share.

All IMHO
    Last edited by biker; 14-08-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Long Member

Moriarty Superannuation Fund 2.71m shares
    Moriarty Family Trust 0.79m shares
    Taylor Superannuation Fund 1.09m shares

might be a small selldown/buying opportunity. However given the offmarket sale that went through a week or two back for 1.5m around 30c, I don't these would take too long to be soaked up.