sharetrader
Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1151

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm not minding as I am happy to see a 3.1% gain on this part of my port folio. But on a $10 trade?
    Not uncommon, but totally ridiculous that a minuscule trade like that can move the market price - it opens the door to market manipulation...!! There should be a minimum transaction amount or volume required to move the price (which I think is the case on the ASX)...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Not uncommon, but totally ridiculous that a minuscule trade like that can move the market price - it opens the door to market manipulation...!! There should be a minimum transaction amount or volume required to move the price (which I think is the case on the ASX)...
    ASX? Take a look and you will see trades of 1 share (not uncommon). Algorithmic trading with computerised robots are constantly active. Institutions constantly manipulate the market, if you believe Australian participants, Shorting is OK and prevalent.
    So, you think the NZX is going to stymie institutions?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    No, I dont...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    ASX? Take a look and you will see trades of 1 share (not uncommon). Algorithmic trading with computerised robots are constantly active. Institutions constantly manipulate the market, if you believe Australian participants, Shorting is OK and prevalent.
    Actually, the trade of 1 share is a mandatory ASX requirement whenever a broker wants to do a crossing of shares - the requirement being there to ensure transparency and promote liquidity.

So it is actually not market manipulation.

NZX should have simply followed the ASX years ago instead of allowing the unmitigated disaster of allowing NZX brokers to cross most of the turnovers on the NZX.

Last edited by minimoke; 02-07-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to censorship by STMOD

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Actually, the trade of 1 share is a mandatory ASX requirement whenever a broker wants to do a crossing of shares - the requirement being there to ensure transparency and promote liquidity.

NZX should have simply followed the ASX years ago instead of allowing the unmitigated disaster of allowing NZX brokers to cross most of the turnovers on the NZX.
    The 1 share crossing quote is not required any more and hasn't been for about 8 years. As Silverback said, a trade of 1 share is enough to move last price on the ASX in any security.

Last edited by minimoke; 02-07-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to censorship by STMOD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

I do not understand. Both the NZX and ASX have trade codes for crossing and these are frequently shown with normal volumes of shares. I have not heard of the requirement for a 1 share trade before, even though this is often commented on in AUS share bulletin boards. Can you provide url for info on this requirement? I would appreciate it if you can.

Last edited by minimoke; 02-07-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to censorship by STMOD

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Something odd is happening. Take this close from the other day.

3 "Sells" for a total of 724 shares. Or an average of 241 shares. And at the ask value of 18.1 cents that's a piddly $43 trade each.
    I dare say someone is trying to run the price down knowing that at these levels any parcels they do pick up are likely to see a return in the not too distant future. It appears as if someone is selling a notable holding and selling to the bid so it'd be an easy game to play. i do think that these games are in detriment to the whole market. Basically conning average Joe out of their savings.