sharetrader
Page 44 of 116 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    This is strange logic?
    Maybe I'm daft but isn't the company already listed on the NZX under Rubicon?
    As I had made mention of posted news, should have been obvious I was referring to Arborgen. I always thought that listing Arborgen in USA would be the best way to realise true value. Just 1 owner now instead of 3 at time of failed IPO. Hugh Fletcher said ...
    it is not a question of whether ArborGen can be IPO'd - unquestionably it can be. Rather it is a matter of choosing the mix of equity market conditions and business progress to execute an IPO of the company - to set an appropriate initial value of the company

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Or perhaps lining up market for much anticipated IPO
    Quite possibly the start of the process.
    When the market gets to see Arbogen is strongly cash flow positive and on a strong EBITDA growth path it will take notice.
    Meanwhile with TAM still offloading, the share price may well continue to languish for some time yet.
    I'm happy to hold and if I wasn't already overloaded would be buying.
    I'm hoping an Insto or wealthy individual will see the potential value and take TAM out.
    This alone would strengthen the share price.
    Last edited by biker; 16-08-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

As I had made mention of posted news, should have been obvious I was referring to Arborgen. I always thought that listing Arborgen in USA would be the best way to realise true value. Just 1 owner now instead of 3 at time of failed IPO. Hugh Fletcher said ...
    it is not a question of whether ArborGen can be IPO'd - unquestionably it can be. Rather it is a matter of choosing the mix of equity market conditions and business progress to execute an IPO of the company - to set an appropriate initial value of the company
    Yeap I realized you were refering to Arborgen. Just fail to see what benefit this would have. Certainly in the near future anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Yeap I realized you were refering to Arborgen. Just fail to see what benefit this would have. Certainly in the near future anyway...
    Arborgen has an IPO, then Rubicon shareholders own the majority of a US listed company and can do what they wish with the shares. Clearwood is sold and the proceeds returned to shareholders and Rubicon is no more.
    If The Arbogen IPO is timed right and priced right and seen as an attractive growth stock to investors, the returns to RBC shareholders could be substantial.
    Not your typical nzx listed company scenario but then sometimes good returns are to be made from situations where the market doesn't get it (until it's blatantly obvious) coupled with truckloads of patience.
    I think the actual value is already there.
    All IMHO.
    As an aside, I see RBC in a similar share price situation to BRL, where the value exists, but the market hasn't fully realised it yet.
    Last edited by biker; 16-08-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Arborgen has an IPO, then Rubicon shareholders own the majority of a US listed company and can do what they wish with the shares. Clearwood is sold and the proceeds returned to shareholders and Rubicon is no more.
    If The Arbogen IPO is timed right and priced right and seen as an attractive growth stock to investors, the returns to RBC shareholders could be substantial.
    Not your typical nzx listed company scenario but then sometimes good returns are to be made from situations where the market doesn't get it (until it's blatantly obvious) coupled with truckloads of patience.
    I think the actual value is already there.
    All IMHO.
    As an aside, I see RBC in a similar share price situation to BRL, where the value exists, but the market hasn't fully realised it yet.
    If I recall from an announcement earlier this year that Arborgen and Rubicon will both report at the end of September. An early Christmas present for patient RBC shareholders?... fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    If I recall from an announcement earlier this year that Arborgen and Rubicon will both report at the end of September. An early Christmas present for patient RBC shareholders?... fingers crossed
    Balance date is 30 September so maybe a report November-December.

But surely, surely, surely there'd be some sort of guidance before that... Who knows, they can't even update their website.

I think because of this statement from earlier Interim report prior to balance date change from 30/6....... "We would expect this clarity will emerge prior to 30 June this year." a lot of people assumed that we would hear some news end of Sept...may well do, who knows.....

Puriri Pete

I think because of this statement from earlier Interim report prior to balance date change from 30/6....... "We would expect this clarity will emerge prior to 30 June this year." a lot of people assumed that we would hear some news end of Sept...may well do, who knows.....
    As I interpret things they appear to have largely ticked off the two matters for which "clarity will emerger prior to 30 June" was promised - namely the Tenon Clearwood transaction and the disposal of their partners in Arborgen. Admittedly the "value path" is still obscured but possibly the financial results for the 15 months to Sep 2017 will shine a light on that.

It will be disappointing (and a concern) if a market update is not provided by the end of this month.

Any body concerned with the current share price or am i too emotionally invested.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Any body concerned with the current share price or am i too emotionally invested.
    I'm not overly concerned. Price is beaten to hell. More concerned about the path of Irma. Though they expected EBITDA profit a couple of years ago with the area being hit then too.

Many un-answered questions. Might actually get my butt out of the office for the next shareholders meeting...