sharetrader
Page 49 of 116 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Outside thinking.

Like Balance I was concerned with the late Fri release of the latest results, and had hoped for better.

Pretty muted favourable SP response today, so it seems that like others I see some encouragement in the figures and consider this a marginal 'hold'. I've given my small holding a severe talking to, and hope for better things to come next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Like Balance I was concerned with the late Fri release of the latest results, and had hoped for better.

Pretty muted favourable SP response today, so it seems that like others I see some encouragement in the figures and consider this a marginal 'hold'. I've given my small holding a severe talking to, and hope for better things to come next year.
    https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/rubico...ntrol-b-210449

And most important of all, per the Annual Report : "ArborGen recorded EBITDA of US$1.7 million, inclusive of full R&D expensing".

Anyone following Serko (as I have) will know the implications of a company which has been burning cash turning EBITDA positive, and then earnings positive.

Article in the NBR this morning (behind the paywall) saying that insiders are well positioned to take advantage of an event.Involves approx 4.999% of RBC market cap.
    Any body able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Article in the NBR this morning (behind the paywall) saying that insiders are well positioned to take advantage of an event.Involves approx 4.999% of RBC market cap.
    Any body able to help.
    I hope 'insiders' also means shareholders?

Any body able to help.
    Tim has been looking closely at their financials and he suspects curious, or worse, dealings by management.
    Its all a bit complicated for my little farmer brain but concerned me enough to hit the Sell button.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Tim has been looking closely at their financials and he suspects curious, or worse, dealings by management.
    Its all a bit complicated for my little farmer brain but concerned me enough to hit the Sell button.

Tim has been very dark on RBC and Tenon for quite a long time.

It is very good to have a journalist with strong analytical skills following the company and keeping the directors and management honest.

One thing is for sure - many of us made fantastic gains out of Tenon because of all the negativity.

There is a very critical event indeed to happen with RBC and if/once it happens, RBC sp will be at least 30c within 6 months imo.

You read it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Nothing would surprise me anymore with RBC......they have asked for more funds during my 14 years holding, and all I have had is a thankyou at the bottom of the reports....'As usual, I would like to thank all our stakeholders for their continued support – it is very much appreciated' or slight change....'On behalf of Board and management we would like to thank all our stakeholders for their continued support. As always, it is very much appreciated'......

Any body able to help.
    that is a comment from a poster? Not a comment from Tim's article.

I bought and sold out RBC at a loss. Probably lost 25+%. If I kept them.... I'd currently have lost over 50% (bought over 40c and sold at 39 and 33. ) I hope it returns some money to those long time holders. On the outside it looked good (to me, at the time). Glad I got out when I did. Now I am wondering if I should put some money back in and see if I can reclaim that loss...

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    I bought and sold out RBC at a loss. Probably lost 25+%. If I kept them.... I'd currently have lost over 50% (bought over 40c and sold at 39 and 33. ) I hope it returns some money to those long time holders. On the outside it looked good (to me, at the time). Glad I got out when I did. Now I am wondering if I should put some money back in and see if I can reclaim that loss...
    RBC has been a disaster - wealth destruction on a grand scale.

Just as Tenon was.

Question is - will the wealth destruction continue or like the turnaround stocks (Diligent, ATM, SKO to name 3) which went un-noticed when they were turning around until their sp rocket, RBC is already turning around but un-noticed?

Suggest you seriously DYOR by reading the latest results and report from RBC.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/310916
    Last edited by Balance; 01-12-2017 at 03:48 PM.