sharetrader
Page 101 of 116 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1151

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    0.20c resistance broken?? where to from here....
    Probably only temporary ....20c a nice round number

Even at 20c still richly valued
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Q, will RBC ever live up to its potential, is this an opportunity to average down ( falling knife ) or forget about Fletcher Forests forever ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Q, will RBC ever live up to its potential, is this an opportunity to average down ( falling knife ) or forget about Fletcher Forests forever ?

Might be living up to its potential, just not living up to its hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Might be living up to its potential, just not living up to its hype.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_03u...&start_radio=1

Actually becoming a good trading stock - two chances a year?
    Last edited by Balance; 22-03-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_03u...&start_radio=1

Actually becoming a good trading stock - two chances a year?
    Nice music! One of my favourite old bands. I traded out of it after a few months with a small holding when I decided I did not believe the story - made about enough for a meal out with a friend.
    Last edited by Biscuit; 24-03-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Nice music! One of my favourite old bands. I traded out of it after a few months with a small holding when I decided I did not believe the story - made about enough for a meal out with a friend.
    Well, get ready for your first chance to make a good trade on this stock this year.

Ex-executives getting rid of their shares, I understand, so don't be in a hurry just yet.

Outside thinking.

....I traded out of it after a few months with a small holding when I decided I did not believe the story - made about enough for a meal out with a friend.
    Good on you Biscuit. My two yrs in RBC cost me $3k. (I had been encouraged by 40c asset valuations and a previously successful foray into Tenon, plus I liked an environmentally friendly stock)...... but no regrets. I'm out. TA not looking great currently. GLH.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 24-03-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Good on you Biscuit. My two yrs in RBC cost me $3k. (I had been encouraged by 40c asset valuations and a previously successful foray into Tenon, plus I liked an environmentally friendly stock)...... but no regrets. I'm out. TA not looking great currently. GLH.

I liked the idea of the company and the story they were telling. After I took a small holding, I talked to some people connected to the industry in New Zealand. DYOR, but my impression from the people I spoke to was that it is quite a fragmented industry in New Zealand and even here it was not clear to me that it was accepted that their genetics were any better than other peoples. My impression was that some clones do well in one place and other clones do better in another place and everyone has their own preferences. If that really is the case in NZ, how well are they really going to do internationally? I doubt their story and I didn't like their financials, so not for me.

Banned

I liked the idea of the company and the story they were telling. After I took a small holding, I talked to some people connected to the industry in New Zealand. DYOR, but my impression from the people I spoke to was that it is quite a fragmented industry in New Zealand and even here it was not clear to me that it was accepted that their genetics were any better than other peoples. My impression was that some clones do well in one place and other clones do better in another place and everyone has their own preferences. If that really is the case in NZ, how well are they really going to do internationally? I doubt their story and I didn't like their financials, so not for me.
    If you concentrate on NZ then you loose the plot with RBC. RBC is Arborgen, now that they are quit of Tenon, no more and no less. Arborgen is a US company that operates in multiple countries and NZ is decreasing in importance. Arborgen sells into US, Brazil, Australia and NZ. I see NZ forestry as more advanced in its approach to tree genetics and increasing production per acre than the US. This is probably because the land area available to our foresters is so much less than places like US, Brazil and Australia. They can increase output by planting more trees on cheap land but in NZ that has long gone.
    Unfortunately, the prior annual reports do not show the breakdown of revenue across countries but it is clear from comments that Arborgen is concentrating on Brazil and the US. NZ is becoming a small player while the US and Brazil are the big opportunities going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    If you concentrate on NZ then you loose the plot with RBC. RBC is Arborgen, now that they are quit of Tenon, no more and no less. Arborgen is a US company that operates in multiple countries and NZ is decreasing in importance. Arborgen sells into US, Brazil, Australia and NZ. I see NZ forestry as more advanced in its approach to tree genetics and increasing production per acre than the US. This is probably because the land area available to our foresters is so much less than places like US, Brazil and Australia. They can increase output by planting more trees on cheap land but in NZ that has long gone.
    Unfortunately, the prior annual reports do not show the breakdown of revenue across countries but it is clear from comments that Arborgen is concentrating on Brazil and the US. NZ is becoming a small player while the US and Brazil are the big opportunities going forward.

I agree that it is the international market that is the key to their success. To answer how well they might do overseas, its worth looking at how well they are doing here, after all they have been here a while and some of their superior genetics were principally developed here for the NZ market. It seems to me that they are a respected company here that does well in the market but, as far as I can judge (and I am not in the industry and have limited visibility into the industry), their "superior genetics" do not seem to have achieved recognition as being uniquely superior here. They may do well, I hope they do.