sharetrader
Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1151

Thread: Rubicon

Last edited by minimoke; 02-07-2019 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to censorship by STMOD

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm still trying to go through the numbers - but notice this gem form last year isn't in this years report "Were it trading at book value, it (i.e. Arborgen/RBC) would be (worth) circa NZ 40c. "
    That has always been recognised, but legacy issues have held it back, Q is when will that change ?.

Last edited by minimoke; 02-07-2019 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Deleted by Minimoke due to censorship by STMOD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Excellent news; "Rubicon announced today that Hugh Fletcher has advised the Company of his intention to retire as a director of Rubicon prior to the upcoming Annual Shareholders Meeting." Tiem to keep clearing out the dead wood and planting some new seedlings
    f
    Agreed. Without wishing to diminish Hugh's contributions over the years, we need new blood. In fact, why do we need Rubicon at all? Why not just Arborgen with ADRs listed in NZ? Two sets of directors and two company structures for the same business makes no sense, although I suspect there are some parties apart from the independent directors and officers who stand to benefit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    f
    Agreed. Without wishing to diminish Hugh's contributions over the years, we need new blood. In fact, why do we need Rubicon at all? Why not just Arborgen with ADRs listed in NZ? Two sets of directors and two company structures for the same business makes no sense, although I suspect there are some parties apart from the independent directors and officers who stand to benefit.
    So who should take over who ?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    f
    Agree. This seems to be a completely pointless double up of overheads. Arborgen is all we need. Could it not just takeover Rubicon ?

Banned

Consolidation into Arborgen means that you end up a shareholder in a US registered company. Hence, need to list Arborgen in the US but retain listing in NZ. NZ shareholder protection would be diminished and could end up without any NZ director. In US terms Arborgen is a pretty small company and so what exchange would it list on?
    Guess, I do not mind what approach is taken provided I can get out with a reasonable return on my investment. Some way still to go for that to happen.