sharetrader
Page 58 of 116 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Again, sp may not come back?

In the end if AborGen lives up to its promise, whether one invests at 21c or 26c should not really matter.

https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/...c-838281-65315

The IPO indicative value of NZ$660m a few years ago provides an indication of upside potential - $1.35 per share.

IPO was pulled if you recall due to litigation brought by disaffected employees who believed they should also have big slice of the upside potential. Law suit was ultimately settled out of court with minimal impact on Aborgen and Rubicon.
    I think it may come down again just because its Rubicon and legacy issues. Agree though that if they do deliver on the growth they say they will then 26 cents is going to seem very cheap very soon.
    Thanks for that insight there Balance, am new to the register (left when it was still FFS, and that is not "for fcuk's sake") so was unaware of the IPO indicative value.
    You jog my memory, there was a question on the floor about potential for IPO and distributing shares to shareholders of RBC. BUt that suggestion was pretty much scoffed. Seemed to suggest company did not have enough earnings for IPO and they were not looking into it at this stage.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I think it may come down again just because its Rubicon and legacy issues. Agree though that if they do deliver on the growth they say they will then 26 cents is going to seem very cheap very soon.
    Thanks for that insight there Balance, am new to the register (left when it was still FFS, and that is not "for fcuk's sake") so was unaware of the IPO indicative value.
    You jog my memory, there was a question on the floor about potential for IPO and distributing shares to shareholders of RBC. BUt that suggestion was pretty much scoffed. Seemed to suggest company did not have enough earnings for IPO and they were not looking into it at this stage.
    The drop from 30c to 17.5c was I'd expect all due to the endless supply of shares being dumped by TAM & SAM. Legacy issues indeed, though since those shares have passed to stronger hands the volume bringing the sp back is weak. Serious buyers will struggle to buy quantity without forcing price up I'd think. The trading pattern in the last few weeks is dramatically different from the last year or two. Pesky Joe with their 1000 sells to get the weekends beer money is an annoyance but will have less and less effect as the days pass. Only a few weeks untill the re-changed, changed year end. We'll have that report and '19 guidence in a few months which no doubt will look much healthier. IPO or not this is undervalued.

Outside thinking.

Missed the meeting today (gone fishing) but liked this quote when I subsequently read today's report. "Were it trading at book value, it (i.e. Arborgen/RBC) would be (worth) circa NZ 40c. "

There is a lot more to like in today's report and I strongly recommend non-holders make themselves aware of RBC's potential. Here's the link.

The upside SP potential combined with minimal downside saw me nibbling more today. Exciting times.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 06-03-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: to include link

A close around current prices (26) will see the 4 year long downtrend convincingly broken, after the earlier breakout to 24 saw a perfect retest of the DTL at 20. Now off to the races

ps nice buying percy
    Last edited by Xerof; 07-03-2018 at 09:31 AM. Reason: a bit more detail

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Missed the meeting today (gone fishing) but liked this quote when I subsequently read today's report. "Were it trading at book value, it (i.e. Arborgen/RBC) would be (worth) circa NZ 40c. "

There is a lot more to like in today's report and I strongly recommend non-holders make themselves aware of RBC's potential. Here's the link.

The upside SP potential combined with minimal downside saw me nibbling more today. Exciting times.
    In a market where most stocks are looking fully priced (I have ATM and think it is fully priced but am not one who will sell!), Rubicon stands out as having excellent upside potential.

It is an international stock at the end of the day and the international stocks are the ones with the best growth potential.

Advanced Member

Was well worth the wait. Stock been an easy buy last Six months, only way was up.

Guru

Couple of things to add from my earier post about the AGM.

Questions was asked about dividends. No dividend in forseeable future. Growing the company (arborgen) in the US is the focus.
    Another question related about what is Rubicon going to do with the $12m it has left over.... that's going to Arbogen as well to fund growth.

If I remember more of the meeting will post. (sorry took no notes today)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Couple of things to add from my earier post about the AGM.

Questions was asked about dividends. No dividend in forseeable future. Growing the company (arborgen) in the US is the focus.
    Another question related about what is Rubicon going to do with the $12m it has left over.... that's going to Arbogen as well to fund growth.

If I remember more of the meeting will post. (sorry took no notes today)
    Any talk of company name change?, and with most activity now in the states any chance of a future delisting from the nz exchange?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Any talk of company name change?, and with most activity now in the states any chance of a future delisting from the nz exchange?
    There was a suggestion for a name change as per my earlier post.

Do not think they are going to delist... There was a question posed about how about doing an inspecie distribution of Arborgen shares to Rubicon shareholders but without Arborgen being listed how does that help the NZ shareholders? So not a very palatable option at this stage.
    But they (board) acknowledge that there are not 2 companies and 2 boards and 2 exec teams and are working to implement some sort of "merger" for use of a better word.